Two more weddings on our day :-(

I knew that a wedding at the Riu was very popular... So no my day is coming closer I asked how many other weddings would be on our day..I didn't think there would be ..since it is on a weekly day.. but know they told me that there would be two more weddings.. I can't lie..I don't like it... Now it really feels like, it isnt going to special at all... I feel like I want to cry real hard....crybaby2.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry about it, its not like the weddings will be at the same time, just on the same day. My wedding is also mid week, but I knew all along there were likely to be more than just my wedding that day. Thats what happens at DW. I'm sure you will be caught up in your own wedding party that you won't notice the other brides anyway.

Just try and enjoy your special day. x

Ya know what, I wouldn't worry about it. You will be at a different location and enjoying your wedding so much, that I really don't think you will notice the other wedding going on. A lot of these resorts are so big that I bet you don't even see the other couple. :-) Stay postive, it will be beautiful.

I was one of 8 weddings on my day. Apparently June 21st rocks! As the other ladies have said, the resort is in the business of weddings. They won't book more than they can handle. Believe, me they have DWs down to a science.

Also, it is still your special day. Be sure to enjoy it and not worry about other people. They probably won't be worrying about you wink.gif

Hi Jess

Try not to stress too much about it, as far as I know there's a max of 3 weddings a day, 11am, 2pm & 4pm so there is a substantial break between weddings. Our wedding is on the 3rd April, we'll be there from 31st March so if you're not too preoccupied we might see each other around. Relax & go with the flow is what I say.

Hope all your plans are coming together now, what time is your ceremony??

Sarah xx

I agree with everyone else...just try to relax and have no worries! After all, less stress is probably one of the reasons you chose a DW, right? The hotel won't have more weddings than they can handle...you have to put your trust in them or you will freak out lol. Good luck:)

As a past ROR bride, I can tell you that you won't even notice the other weddings! I think there were 2 others on our day and I was the last of the day since we had a 4pm time slot.

But you'll be so caught up in your own day & your own moments that the other weddings won't even cross your mind! They will be the last thing that you will worry about!!!

You'll probably see the other brides & their parties in passing, but that will be it!

So don't worry about it at all! Just enjoy your day as it will still be special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
I was one of 8 weddings on my day. Apparently June 21st rocks! As the other ladies have said, the resort is in the business of weddings. They won't book more than they can handle. Believe, me they have DWs down to a science.

Also, it is still your special day. Be sure to enjoy it and not worry about other people. They probably won't be worrying about you wink.gif
8huh.gif? gsss...and Im complaining about two more weddings...
blush2.gif