Photo

How soon after your wedding did you get pregnant?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

Just trying to see how soon everyone had kids after their weddings...
    As for me and my fiance, It'll be atleast a year and a half before we can start trying since I'll be in my last year of nursing. After school we are planning to relocate from KY to Charlotte, NC (ANYONE FROM CHARLOTTE?!?)

I've had such a strong urge to have children for awhile now... It's driving me crazy! I'm about to be 23 in June, and realize I have plenty of time.. I just don't know what it is. And YES I have a puppy! Still not helping!! LOL

Anyone deciding to wait atleast a year or more like us?

#2 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

I was 4 weeks pregnant at our wedding!

It does suck to have to wait when you have a strong urge now, but it probably is best to wait until your done with your nursing program. It'll go by quickly!

#3 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

yes! And I am going to be 3-0. but we are waiting at least a year. no going back, ya know?!. if it happens, it happens though.

#4 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
        • 369 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

I give my fiance a hard time about having children, but I know deep down he's right in regards to finishing school and getting established in a new state first. (I will never let him know this, though!)

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

Sorry I got prego on our trip. I will be 38 this summer so it was now or never for us.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#6 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
            • 413 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

DH and I are not going to start officially 'trying' until January next year...we've had some student loan debts and stuff to pay off, and we are thinking we'll be ready next January...that will be 3 years after we got married...

Lindsay

#7 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

I got pregnant on or right after our wedding trip. We said we'd start trying when we went to Jamaica totally not expecting it to happen right away. Good luck when you start TTC!

#8 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                • 382 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

We are getting married in June and will be 26. We are not planning on starting to try to children for several years 3-4. I too, often have the desire to have children now but we are planning to wait. We want to pay off some stuff and be a bit more secure before trying. Plus we really want to enjoy some married time for the two of us prior to having children.

#9 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
                  • 369 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

I totally agree about having some alone time and to get established before having kids, but I can't help but be jealous of everyone having honeymoon babies!! Oh well, we will SEE!

#10 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,328 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

we're waiting also. we were 24 when we got married so although we married fairly young, we didn't want to be that young when we have kids (i know you're 22, i'm not judging, just speaking from our perspective). sometimes it's tough though because emotionally i want one!

my best advice it to make it a goal to get as much done in the next year as you can (for us, it's 3 years). our goals are to keep our credit cards paid off, pay off our cars, i finish my career change, and we hike macchu pichu. it's easier to put off a baby when you put some things in front of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users