What is your recessional song?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 cancunbride

• 531 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:25 AM

Hi everyone...

I have been confused as well but have finally decided to walk down the aisle to Katie Melua - Just like heaven. It is a beautiful song and it sets the mood just right..

#12 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

we used the Star Wars Rebel Awards Ceremony song. my hubby loves SW and we had to find a way to fit it in somehow, and the music was perfect. we started it as the minister was proclaiming us and then we had our kiss and then the recessional, and the timing of the music was perfect. it almost sounds like a traditional wedding song as it first starts out, but once people realized what song it was all the guys in the crowd started cheering, it was really funny! plus its plenty long enough for a full recessional.

we used the actual song from the soundtrack but here is the midi so you can get the idea :)

Click on Rebel Awards Ceremony for midi

#13 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

My WC played the wrong song, so it was 'Another One Bites the Dust'. It was pretty fun and definitely unexpected. People farther down the beach were in hysterics.

#14 po17

• 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

Our recession song is The Cure "Mint Car"
        This song makes me want to jump and laugh and that is exactly what I am planning on doing)))
        YouTube - The Cure - Mint Car
        la la la ))))
        ...I'm yours and suddenly you're mine
        ...And it's brighter than sunshine...

#15 sarafish81

• 353 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
          Thanks for sharing your ideas!
          My FI had actually suggested awhile ago ...One love by Bob Marley (he loves bob marley) so I think we might go with that one too...But, I'm sure it will change since we keep going back and forth..
          I also love "I'm yours" by Jason Mraz.....I was thinking of walking down the aisle to that song...but, I can't tell if its right for that....anyone have thoughts on that?
          I'll be walking down the aisle with my mom to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz! I just like the song and the fact that it's not so traditional sounding.
          Our recessional song is "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder. I think our guests will love it and for us it's like "whew! It's over, let's party!!"

#16 bellalucefoto

• 221 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

We had one couple walk out to "Celebrate, Good Times". It was really fun and the guests loved it!

#17 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

we are having the steel drum and I will be walking down the aisle to Cannon in D and reccessional will be One Love. I to wanted something upbeat to walk back down the aisle, get everyone in the mood to party and have a good time
              July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#18 ~Stephanie~

• 3,347 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

I have no clue what songs I will be selecting yet but I like the idea of Beautiful Day by U2 for the recessional song. Its upbeat and fun. I also like the idea of doing something funnier like I feel good by James Brown or Celebration by Kool and the Gang.

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#19 VegasWedlockInvitations

• 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

You can find a bunch of song lists for your recessional at Las Vegas Wedding Music for Las Vegas Weddings - Wedding Entertainment Just go into the packages and click on the song list image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users