Photo

Bringing Flowers Home?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CanadianBride84

CanadianBride84
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

I was just wondering if anyone knows if you are allowed to bring your flowers home as a keep sake, or if that is not allowed.

It may depend on country too, so has any Canadian brought home their flowers, and did you have any problems?

#2 boven

boven
    • 193 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:35 AM

I was able to bring home my friend's bouquet following her wedding in Mexico. While she went off on her honeymoon, I was able to get the flowers through customs at JFK in New York without any problems. I think the main thing customs are looking for is if you bring anything into the country that can affect crops such as animals or plants. I don't think you should have any issues.

#3 m_willis22

m_willis22
      • 123 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:32 PM

i think it depends on where you are going. i am not sure for canada, but i have been told that you cannot bring live flowers from jamaica. that was part of my reason for getting artificial ones.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

It will depend on the individual customs agent if you can bring them back in. You are not supposed to be able to bring live flowers/plants back. I didn't want to chance it so I went with real-touch artificial flowers.

How well they hold up will also depend on a number of things
          *What type of flower are they and how hearty? Roses will last longer than lilies
          *How long from the wedding day until you return?
          *Will you have a place to store your flowers - fridge in the room, etc?
          *How long will you be traveling - number & length of layovers, etc?

I had a friend bring her bouquet home from Florida and by the time she got home she had to end up throwing it away, nothing could be saved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users