Sign in to follow this  
CanadianBride84

Bringing Flowers Home?

I was just wondering if anyone knows if you are allowed to bring your flowers home as a keep sake, or if that is not allowed.

It may depend on country too, so has any Canadian brought home their flowers, and did you have any problems?

I was able to bring home my friend's bouquet following her wedding in Mexico. While she went off on her honeymoon, I was able to get the flowers through customs at JFK in New York without any problems. I think the main thing customs are looking for is if you bring anything into the country that can affect crops such as animals or plants. I don't think you should have any issues.

i think it depends on where you are going. i am not sure for canada, but i have been told that you cannot bring live flowers from jamaica. that was part of my reason for getting artificial ones.

It will depend on the individual customs agent if you can bring them back in. You are not supposed to be able to bring live flowers/plants back. I didn't want to chance it so I went with real-touch artificial flowers.

How well they hold up will also depend on a number of things

*What type of flower are they and how hearty? Roses will last longer than lilies

*How long from the wedding day until you return?

*Will you have a place to store your flowers - fridge in the room, etc?

*How long will you be traveling - number & length of layovers, etc?

I had a friend bring her bouquet home from Florida and by the time she got home she had to end up throwing it away, nothing could be saved.