Inexpensive White Sundress in February?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 LesleyAnne

• 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

I went crazy trying to find a dress under $500 for my beach wedding at Secrets Maroma. I am a young 53 year-old, and can proudly still wear my bikinis because of good genes and the gym! LOL All I could find was mother of the bride dresses. Finally, I found a bunch of beautiful and not that expensive dresses for destination weddings on line at Alfred Angelo, Dessy (Sandals), and Jessica McClintock. I ordered my Jessica McClintock gown #52835-Sabrina vintage looking gown for $325.00 from a JM boutique in NJ. I had it in 5 days and it fit perfectly. This is my third marriage (divorce, widowed) and I had a vow renewal in 2000 in Jamaica, so needless to say, I have seen it all. Good luck, and here's a hint. Choose something dressier than you imagine yourself in. Pictures last a lifetime!!! Lesley

#12 DWandMJ

• 274 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

I actually purchased my wedding gown in October of 2007, and it was pain free. I'm having all the trouble with an informal dress for our legal ceremony.

#13 LesleyAnne

• 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

Oh, yes that is a problem for me, too! We are marrying legallyin NJ in March or April, so I ask myself, "What do I wear for that?? I guess we'll know when we see it.

#14 phishphan

• 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

I agree, it has been very challenging to find an informal dress. We are getting married legally in the US before leaving for Mexico. I wanted to get more use out of the dress, so I am going to wear it for my rehearsal dinner too. I think I am going to order the Chameleon dress that was recommended earlier in this thread! Thanks for recommending it! I have literally been looking for weeks on-line and that dress was the first one that will really work for me. It's also great, because I could actually wear it again!

#15 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,369 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

Im having the same issue! I want a cute less formal dress for my legal ceremony at home that I can wear again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users