Jump to content

Photo

Juan Navarro - Past brides & comments on him??


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Simistar

Simistar
  • Member
  • 645 posts

    Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:33 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beach2009
    Simistar got married at SMB in December and I believe she had the resort photog cover her reception. Here's the link to her review. She's great and I'm sure she'll answer any questions about the resort photog.
    Awww...thanks Beach2009! :-)
    I'm just seeing this thread for the first time!
    We hired an outside photographer as well, but b/c we had the resort photog included in our package and SMB wouldn't do a substition, we had him shoot our reception.
    (* by the way, I think SMB DOES do subsitutions now! I know of one BDW bride who's getting married at SMB who said they agreed to give her a violinist (I think) instead of using the resort photog...)

    Anywaaay, as Kits55 said, it would likely be one of Juan's associates that does your pics...I think Juan would probably only do it if you were getting a full day of coverage or some such...I think if you're just getting an hour or two, you'd get an associate.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kits55
    His associate took some OK pictures but nothing special. We had him shooting our event inside and he used a flash for every single picture.
    Hey Kits55 -- who was the associate you got...?

    I think the name of the one who shot our reception was...Edward...? I know I wrote his name in my review (link above) but can't think of it right
    now

    Anyway, as I said in my review, his pictures weren't the same quality as some of the top photogs on this forum, but they were pretty good! We were actually quite impressed with them. And he definitely didn't use a flash all the time!
    Assuming it was NOT Edward that Kits55 got, I'd suggest requesting for him to be your photog if you choose to use the resort photog at Secrets Maroma...
    Of course, if it WAS Edward that Kits55 got...then maybe he's very inconsistent:-)

    And, of course, if anyone wants to see more of Edward's pics (Juan's associate), pls PM me! I'll send you the link to our photoshare site that has about 160 pics he took so you can get an idea...

    HTH!:-)

    Oh, and yes, absolutely agree with Kits55...if GREAT pics are a priority for you...hire an outside photog...you'll just get better photos in general:-)

    #12 Simistar

    Simistar
    • Member
    • 645 posts

      Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:56 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Simistar
      I think the name of the one who shot our reception was...Edward...? I know I wrote his name in my review (link above) but can't think of it right
      now
      I looked at my review...His name is Edgar! Doh.

      #13 irishpocahontas

      irishpocahontas
      • Newbie
      • 27 posts

        Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

        Hi ladies, I got married in Feb 09 in Dreams Cancun and cant recommend him enough. I too was going to get a diff photographer but it was too expensive the girl I wanted was 2000 dollars minimum where as we had the Ultimate Wedding Package and Juan was included his images were amazing so much so that we purchased all 600+ of them on a disc and he gave us 120 images printed in an album before we went home we picked the images we wanted to use a few days after the wedding. He was so professional and captured everything for us. If any of you want to ask me anything dont hesitate in contacting me am more than happy to help and also show you the link to the pictures. Email address is mrsgood@ymail.com

        #14 Kits55

        Kits55
        • Member
        • 607 posts
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

        Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:56 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Simistar
        Awww...thanks Beach2009! :-)
        I'm just seeing this thread for the first time!
        We hired an outside photographer as well, but b/c we had the resort photog included in our package and SMB wouldn't do a substition, we had him shoot our reception.
        (* by the way, I think SMB DOES do subsitutions now! I know of one BDW bride who's getting married at SMB who said they agreed to give her a violinist (I think) instead of using the resort photog...)

        Anywaaay, as Kits55 said, it would likely be one of Juan's associates that does your pics...I think Juan would probably only do it if you were getting a full day of coverage or some such...I think if you're just getting an hour or two, you'd get an associate.

        Daaaaang!! I really wanted a pianist (knew that one wasn't possible) but a violinist was second on my list!! I never even thought to ask since every time I asked her a question about getting something "extra" i never got straight answers. She always just wrote, "yes, is possible" so then I'd have to ask how much, blah blah blah.


        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Simistar
        Hey Kits55 -- who was the associate you got...?

        I think the name of the one who shot our reception was...Edward...? I know I wrote his name in my review (link above) but can't think of it right
        now

        Anyway, as I said in my review, his pictures weren't the same quality as some of the top photogs on this forum, but they were pretty good! We were actually quite impressed with them. And he definitely didn't use a flash all the time!
        Assuming it was NOT Edward that Kits55 got, I'd suggest requesting for him to be your photog if you choose to use the resort photog at Secrets Maroma...
        Of course, if it WAS Edward that Kits55 got...then maybe he's very inconsistent:-)


        And, of course, if anyone wants to see more of Edward's pics (Juan's associate), pls PM me! I'll send you the link to our photoshare site that has about 160 pics he took so you can get an idea...

        HTH!:-)

        Oh, and yes, absolutely agree with Kits55...if GREAT pics are a priority for you...hire an outside photog...you'll just get better photos in general:-)
        Well, I'm super embarrassed but I have no idea what our associate's name. He said it so fast and quietly that I couldn't understand what he was saying. He was pretty young, he looked like he was in his mid twenties I thought and he was skinny. I can't find his name on our CD or anything. I just looked on Juan's website but the section for the associates is still under construction. I'll have to check back later and see what my guy's name was. Here's a link to the website: principal

        #15 BrideMoka

        BrideMoka
        • Jr. Member
        • 155 posts

          Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

          no need Juan is so good, I wish he came with my hotel we had to pay almost $400 extra to have him

           

          Originally Posted by phishphan 

          Juan is the photographer that comes with my package at Secrets Maroma too. I can't wait to hear some reviews. I think we might invest in an outside photographer.


           



          #16 BrideMoka

          BrideMoka
          • Jr. Member
          • 155 posts

            Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

            congrats!!!so glad it worked out

             

            Originally Posted by irishpocahontas 

            Hi ladies, I got married in Feb 09 in Dreams Cancun and cant recommend him enough. I too was going to get a diff photographer but it was too expensive the girl I wanted was 2000 dollars minimum where as we had the Ultimate Wedding Package and Juan was included his images were amazing so much so that we purchased all 600+ of them on a disc and he gave us 120 images printed in an album before we went home we picked the images we wanted to use a few days after the wedding. He was so professional and captured everything for us. If any of you want to ask me anything dont hesitate in contacting me am more than happy to help and also show you the link to the pictures. Email address is mrsgood@ymail.com


             



            #17 BrideMoka

            BrideMoka
            • Jr. Member
            • 155 posts

              Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

              I heard he is much better now!

               

              Originally Posted by Simistar 

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by beach2009
              Simistar got married at SMB in December and I believe she had the resort photog cover her reception. Here's the link to her review. She's great and I'm sure she'll answer any questions about the resort photog.
              Awww...thanks Beach2009! :-)
              I'm just seeing this thread for the first time!
              We hired an outside photographer as well, but b/c we had the resort photog included in our package and SMB wouldn't do a substition, we had him shoot our reception.
              (* by the way, I think SMB DOES do subsitutions now! I know of one BDW bride who's getting married at SMB who said they agreed to give her a violinist (I think) instead of using the resort photog...)

              Anywaaay, as Kits55 said, it would likely be one of Juan's associates that does your pics...I think Juan would probably only do it if you were getting a full day of coverage or some such...I think if you're just getting an hour or two, you'd get an associate.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kits55
              His associate took some OK pictures but nothing special. We had him shooting our event inside and he used a flash for every single picture.
              Hey Kits55 -- who was the associate you got...?

              I think the name of the one who shot our reception was...Edward...? I know I wrote his name in my review (link above) but can't think of it right
              now

              Anyway, as I said in my review, his pictures weren't the same quality as some of the top photogs on this forum, but they were pretty good! We were actually quite impressed with them. And he definitely didn't use a flash all the time!
              Assuming it was NOT Edward that Kits55 got, I'd suggest requesting for him to be your photog if you choose to use the resort photog at Secrets Maroma...
              Of course, if it WAS Edward that Kits55 got...then maybe he's very inconsistent:-)

              And, of course, if anyone wants to see more of Edward's pics (Juan's associate), pls PM me! I'll send you the link to our photoshare site that has about 160 pics he took so you can get an idea...

              HTH!:-)

              Oh, and yes, absolutely agree with Kits55...if GREAT pics are a priority for you...hire an outside photog...you'll just get better photos in general:-)


               






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users