Photo

Riu Montego Bay (RMB) *Post wedding info and attachments*

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#41 gelzera

gelzera
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hello Ladies, I"m really leaning toward RIU in Montego Bay as well. My question is Can you have a wedding there with just the bride and groom? I want to get married in August..Thank Ladies

Anedra

#42 montegobay09

montegobay09
    • 832 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by gelzera
      Hello Ladies, I"m really leaning toward RIU in Montego Bay as well. My question is Can you have a wedding there with just the bride and groom? I want to get married in August..Thank Ladies

Anedra
      You sure can! Lilpaisley did that just last month..oh I guess that would be two months ago now since we're in May. You would have to pay for a package though I think since you don't qualify for the free package without booking a certain number of rooms.

Check out Lilpaisley's review...maybe it'll help you make your decision.

#43 gelzera

gelzera
      • 19 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Thanks so much Montegobay09..

#44 gelzera

gelzera
        • 19 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

montegobay,

I just read your review and I found it to be very helpful. I also loved your pics u look beautiful and happy. Congrats

#45 abullard1

abullard1
          • Banned
          • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

OK...just how close are the guests at the gazebo on the beach...I mean you don't want them actually attending your wedding right?
            Amanda Bullard

#46 montegobay09

montegobay09
            • 832 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by abullard1
              OK...just how close are the guests at the gazebo on the beach...I mean you don't want them actually attending your wedding right?
              They're pretty close! The staff at the resort section off that part of the beach...about 10 ft on either side I'd say. Maybe a little bit more. But some clueless people always seem to walk through or get in a picture while they're in the water right in the middle of your wedding. On the west beach people were very far away so we didn't feel like they were "attending" our wedding

#47 heartbeat

heartbeat
              • 228 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for all this useful info i'm considering having my wedding at RIU Montego Bay..... There so much info on ROR so i was very excited to read this thread...lol

#48 reenyw23

reenyw23
                • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by marshall1980
                  Is anyone bringing their own decor with them for their reception? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to lug all the stuff with me, or just put it in the hands of the WC.
                  I am debating the same thing. I haven't seen any close up pictures of what the decor is.

#49 reenyw23

reenyw23
                  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nicoleswrld
                    How do I open these attachments? It keeps saying something about points. I have been trying to get all the extra options from the Riu but they are veeeeery slow sending anything.
                    THANKS!!!
                    I am having the same issue... I feel like I've been reading a lot but never have enough points to download anything.

#50 abullard1

abullard1
                    • Banned
                    • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:02 AM

Well you get no decor....Just a plain white table cloth and some glasses with a funky blue rim. I am bringing chargers , my own menu cards, favors, and getting tai floral to enhance with some centerpieces. Also some flowers and ribbon for the cake.Believe me ...I have seen the pics and it's really sad. Also you have to pay $10 per chair for them to cover those ugly blue chairs at dinner reception.
                      Amanda Bullard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users