Photo

Riu Montego Bay (RMB) *Post wedding info and attachments*

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#21 askelly15

askelly15
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

My friends are getting married in Jamaica in five months...this is awesome information to pass along. Thanks so much!
    Amanda

#22 montegobay09

montegobay09
    • 832 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by marshall1980
      Is anyone bringing their own decor with them for their reception? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to lug all the stuff with me, or just put it in the hands of the WC.
      I'm not bringing anything up for decor. I saw Indigo's pics of the reception decor and I was happy with that. I can't be bothered to pack all that extra stuff. I'm not very big into the decor thing though...pretty plain and simple so maybe my opinion isn't the best?!!?!

#23 CanadianBride84

CanadianBride84
      • 58 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by montegobay09
        I'm not bringing anything up for decor. I saw Indigo's pics of the reception decor and I was happy with that. I can't be bothered to pack all that extra stuff. I'm not very big into the decor thing though...pretty plain and simple so maybe my opinion isn't the best?!!?!
        I figure Jamaica is beautiful enough on it's own. I cant go for a weekend without a lot of outfits, so honestly I doubt that I would have room for any decor.

#24 Trice

Trice
        • 295 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

No decor for the reception. I'm bringing fans for the ceremony and my OOT bags.

#25 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
          • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

The only things I am bringing are the OOT bags, sand ceremony stuff and my flowers which are gorgeous btw. Hibiscus florals did them!

#26 srobins15

srobins15
            • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for all of the info ladies, it's very helpful. I have 3 months and 17 days to go according to my wedding countdown clock! I need to start sending some emails and making some decisions. Thanks again.
              S.

#27 montegobay09

montegobay09
              • 832 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jamaica0619
                Thanks for the help. I am going to try this again to post the other image

The picture below shows the beach gazebo and a wedding set up next too it with an arch.

http://farm4.static.....9a2493.jpg?v=0
                Question for ya...is the arch on the beach an extra cost?? I don't really want to use the gazebo unless it costs a lot more to get the arch and then I'll just go with whatever is included in the free package.

#28 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
                • 402 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Our wedding was on the beach (no gazebo) and we had the bamboo arch w/ the tulle wrapping. I thought it was going to be the palm leaf arch, and didn't realize it was the other one till I saw it at the ceremony. We had the classic package and didn't upgrade anything. (didn't qualify for free package).

I'm working on posting my review and pics now, so look for it soon.
                  Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
                  http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#29 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
                  • 402 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

Here is one of our wedding proofs. It has the arch in it. (and my free bouquet)
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
                    http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#30 montegobay09

montegobay09
                    • 832 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

Thanks Kris...can't wait to read your reviewand see your pics! Did you do a planning thread?

I'll just hope that they'll include the arch in the free package too!

thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users