Paradisus Short Review/Pics (Long)

So you girls know I am staying at the Paradisus Palma Real on the first leg of my honeymoon and let me say WOW! I didn't have many expectations and we stayed here because we wanted to do two weeks and the other place we were going was too much for two weeks. Sooo we get here and it is paradise. The place is huge so even when it is packed you still feel like you are alone. I have stayed at a lot of all inclusive resorts and this truly does not feel like one except that you just get up and walk out when you are done eating. The wait staff is unbelievable. They pour your wine, hold your seat out, bring you 5 star dishes that look like art and they are there waiting on you hand and foot. And the kicker is, most people don't even leave a tip. I am not sure if they would treat you different on your return if you dont leave one because we always do. I can't imagine you not wanting to after being treated like royalty throughout the entire meal.

The food.... I have had some of the best meals I have ever had here. And deserts... oh lord I am going to be dieting hard when I leave here.

The beach is beautiful, powder white sand and the water will take your breath away with all of the shades of turquoise and blues. No creatures thus far but there is some seaweed. They have had a couple of storms but it isn't bothersome and they clean it everyday. You can walk 5 minutes down the beach and there is a little flea market with cute souveniers or you can take a golf cart right outside the resort and there is a shopping center that has Hard Rock and apparently lots of shops (we havent been able to go yet)

They have entertainment everynight, and I don't mean cheesy skits, like good shows. Last night they did a Circus... like Cirque De Soleil, and it was incredible. Everyone was dancing and it was a great time. Afterwards everyone went to the disco, which is open every night, and you can't help but shake it!

The pools are unbelievably huge and they have little whirlpools throughout that have jacuzzi jets. The temperature isnt that different but the jets feel great. The best part about the place is the bali beds. They have bali beds all over that are huge little huts with comfortable beds in them around the pool that give you privacy. They have speakers in them with low, calm music that allows you to sit back and listen to the beach but not hear everyones commotion. I have finished one book and am starting on another. And I can't tell you how many times Tim and I have snuggled up reading and fell asleep together on those things. I have never been more relaxed or comfortable.

They also did a honeymoon social, which I was not excited about. But when we went they had candlelit tables set up and served champagne, scrumptous appetizers, and gave us a spa set gift. They also had a wedding cake and took pics of you cutting it, very cute. They had a trio with a female vocal that sounded so much like Norah Jones, I about peed my pants! WE LOVE NORAH JONES, and when she sang I literally had to get up and go look. She sang for an hour and we danced by our table, truly magical.

During dinners they have a male trio go around and seranade couples with songs like "I Swear", very sweet.

As far as getting married here, as I said before I think it would be extremely beautiful under the gazebo over the pool, set to candlelight. You can't imagine how breathtaking it is. I have seen several set up on the beach (I am including a pic where they are setting up one right now) and it would be breathtaking. Really, you could do it inside the buffet line in one of the restaurants and I don't think you would be disappointed, lol, everything here is so exquisit. If you guys see a place online you want me to look at and take pics, just let me know. I am here until Tuesday (1st).

One more thing... I definately recommend the Royal Service. A lot of places online said not to get it, but we love it. It gives you one more restaurant to eat at that is exclusive to RS and is the best we have been to. Also there is a private pool that is adult only you can go to with private bali beds that your butler reserves for you. He also does turn down service with chocolates, runs romantic baths (and puts something in the tub, holy crap it was unbelievable, we both woke up the next morning and felt we had been under a spell, lol, I am not kidding) and he takes care of anything and everything you need. For the small price difference and depending on what room you get, its included, you can't miss it!

Ok, I am going on too long, let me know if you have any specific questions. We are doing a spa day today so I will let you know how that is later.

Here are some pics...

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

No, it isn't really all that humid here. Now in Puerto Plata where we just came from (8 hours north) it was so humid you could die, but here not so much. It is where it was cold in my room and my camera got adjusted and it fogged up when I went outside and it was hot. But the other pics were taking two minutes later when it adjusted. This place, my makeup and hair would have looked soooooo much better!

I didn't even realize you were still on your honeymoon. I thought you were posting from home! A two-week honeymoon? You and FI sure know how to celebrate! I'm jealous!

That's awesome. Those pics are certainly enticing. Sounds like you are having a great time. :)