#171 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

I just put mine together, using the paper strip method as an "on/off" switch. They work beautifully! I figured the morning of the wedding we'll turn them on and put them in the lanterns, then hand the stuff off our onsite WC. 

I went with 3 for my 12" and 14" lanterns, and I will probably use 6 for my bigger lanterns. 

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

This is such an amazing idea! I just ordered 200 leds and 200 batteries from China (ebay) for about 40.00 and they had free shipping. We received them the other day, and just tested them out tonight - I'm so happy it works! 4 of them in my 16 inch paper lanterns seem to be perfect! I'm going to see how long the batteries last so that I can see what sort of time frame I have while down at the wedding. Ideally I'd like to tape together all of the throwies a day or two ahead of time - and the FI and best man can be in charge of hanging the lanterns/installing lights the day of the wedding if the hotel won't hang them for us :)

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#172 kard613

kard613
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

AllieH, did you have any problems with airport security with these components? My crazy mom thinks we'll never make it onto the plan with batteries and wires. I told her she's crazy but figured I should ask.

#173 lgerry

lgerry
    • 349 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

I just got my supplies in the mail yesterday to make these, can't wait to try it out!! :)

#174 murmel

murmel
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 1,407 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by kard613 

AllieH, did you have any problems with airport security with these components? My crazy mom thinks we'll never make it onto the plan with batteries and wires. I told her she's crazy but figured I should ask.

There are really no wires. And the batteries look very similar to watch batteries, with the LED taped to it. We had about 40 of these prepared and just packed them into a padded envelope and put it in our checked luggage. NO problems at all!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#175 Jess878

Jess878
    • 215 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Awaiting on my supplies to try this out!

#176 fenikjo

fenikjo
      • 152 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

When did you put these together before the wedding?

#177 seatkins22

seatkins22
        • 68 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

We're going to be putting our lights together in the next couple of days.  I'll let you know how it goes!

#178 lyna89

lyna89
          • 70 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Great idea with the LED lights! I'm thinking about somehow trying to use these for mini chandelier centerpieces but I'll have to see!

#179 seatkins22

seatkins22
            • 68 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

I put my LED lights together this afternoon with my Mom - a great DIY with only 8 days to go!  

It took a little while to figure out the steps but once we got rolling it didn't take long to assemble them.   Can't wait to see how they look at the reception!

#180 lordleon

lordleon
              • 153 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Looks great! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users