#141 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1106wedding 

Pardon my ignorance but when do you assemble them? Onsite? It looks like once you tape the light to the battery, the light is ON? How long does it last? I have to hand everything over to the resort a couple days before our wedding...thanks! 

I cut up small pieces of plastic (I used the stuff that was the packaging around my new hair straightener), and placed it between the battery and the LED contacts. (you will discover that one side of the battery is live, this is the side where to place the "plastic tab") Then wrap it tight with electric tape. I also purchased small "alligator clips" (paper clip) and then clipped everything together. (I did this all at home)

Once at the resort, I handed my LED throwies to the wedding coordinators and all they have to do is pull the plastic tab out when they hang them into the paper latern. The alligator clip helps make sure everything stays tight, and it's super easy to attach string to hang it into the latern.

Our LED throwies easily lasted about 2 weeks, before the batteries died. 

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#142 1106wedding

1106wedding
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

Perfect! That makes more sense now. And the staff at Sensatori knew what they were doing? You just handed them the lanterns, throwies and string and let them do the rest? Did you attach the throwies to the lantern or did they? 

THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by murmel 

I cut up small pieces of plastic (I used the stuff that was the packaging around my new hair straightener), and placed it between the battery and the LED contacts. (you will discover that one side of the battery is live, this is the side where to place the "plastic tab") Then wrap it tight with electric tape. I also purchased small "alligator clips" (paper clip) and then clipped everything together. (I did this all at home)

Once at the resort, I handed my LED throwies to the wedding coordinators and all they have to do is pull the plastic tab out when they hang them into the paper latern. The alligator clip helps make sure everything stays tight, and it's super easy to attach string to hang it into the latern.

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#143 bride2b2013

bride2b2013
    • 236 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

im going to haave to look into these!  Coool!

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#144 murmel

murmel
      • 1,407 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

Perfect! That makes more sense now. And the staff at Sensatori knew what they were doing? You just handed them the lanterns, throwies and string and let them do the rest? Did you attach the throwies to the lantern or did they? 

THANK YOU!

They attached the throwies to the laterns as they hung them up. I would explain to them to take the tab out when setting up your gazebo, but I think they have seen it a few times now! LOL But make sure to bring fishing line or string with you....you have to supply them with everything.

PS. I just handed them the laterns flat, and they set them up for me.

#145 1106wedding

1106wedding
      • 317 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Thanks!! did you ask if they could be hung from the trees to the gazebo? On my site Claudia said they could but she also told me the resort has grey goose served everywhere!

They attached the throwies to the laterns as they hung them up. I would explain to them to take the tab out when setting up your gazebo, but I think they have seen it a few times now! LOL But make sure to bring fishing line or string with you....you have to supply them with everything.

PS. I just handed them the laterns flat, and they set them up for me.

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#146 mandijacole

mandijacole
        • 156 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

These look great and are a lot more affordable than I realized.

#147 murmel

murmel
          • 1,407 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

I would think they might be able to hang from trees to the gazebo....but it's quite a distance. I would be afraid they would not hang them high enough and guests would walk into it.  Maybe get them to hang them tree to tree? So that it's on the surrounding edge, not interfering with your dining area.

Also whatever you do choose, you have to supply them with everything. So bring lots of string, fishing line, tape, etc. that they might need to create your look!

(And I never saw any Grey Goose, even when we asked. they do serve Stol vodka)

Thanks!! did you ask if they could be hung from the trees to the gazebo? On my site Claudia said they could but she also told me the resort has grey goose served everywhere!

#148 MishMash

MishMash
          • 72 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hi ladies!!! Great thread!!  Question for those who have done this, what did the resort charge you for having to hang up your own decorations???  and does anyone know what they would charge if you use their lanterns???  Thanks :)

#149 jennaba3

jennaba3
            • 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

Thank god I found this thread.. Thanks for the info about putting the plastic between the battery and LED.. Were these okay then to pack in the case? Im travelling from the UK so dont wanna risk anything or not being allowed them in the case xxx

#150 murmel

murmel
              • 1,407 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by MishMash 

Hi ladies!!! Great thread!!  Question for those who have done this, what did the resort charge you for having to hang up your own decorations???  and does anyone know what they would charge if you use their lanterns???  Thanks :)

At Azul Sensatori, there is a charge to set up. It is usually based on how many items you have and the number of guests. To give you an idea, we had 63 guests. To set up we had paper lanterns, centerpieces, table numbers, name cards, paper wraps (to go around the menu card and napkin), menu cards, and seating chart. They charged us $120 US CASH! (very important this is usually done unofficially, so CASH only!)

Originally Posted by jennaba3 

Thank god I found this thread.. Thanks for the info about putting the plastic between the battery and LED.. Were these okay then to pack in the case? Im travelling from the UK so dont wanna risk anything or not being allowed them in the case xxx

As long as you are packing the batteries/LEDs into your suitcase (ie. the bag that will be your checked luggage) you will be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users