DIY LED lights for Paper Lanterns

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#101 babigirl21

babigirl21
  • Site Supporter
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

This is a great chic and cheap idea.  Thanks for the post.

Cherish Each Moment!

#102 lshaef

lshaef
    • 170 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

My Fi and I showed his mother  a picture of a recption area that had used these laterns and she hated them.  She likes these lights that the decor company we are working but she isn't paying the $800 just for the lights.  Now what, use these knowing she hates them?  UGH!

#103 rkingtx

rkingtx
      • 82 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Sooooo pretty!

#104 curtney17

curtney17
        • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

Just remember, it your wedding, do what you like! :)

#105 katelynn

katelynn
          • 414 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Where did you get your lanters and its the exact colour I need. Also, where did you get your batteries and lights? Ebay?

Originally Posted by Jacilynda 

Hey girls so as I mentioned before I spent $30 on 100 leds and the batteries (also included shipping). So tonight i put 2 leds together and put them inside a 14" lantern. here's a pic!

Click the image to open in full size.

I really only think you need 2 lights, not 3. And maybe only 1 for 8" or 10" lanterns.

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#106 curtney17

curtney17
            • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

paperlaternstore.com is where i've found great deal is LOTS of colors!

#107 emerald0130

emerald0130
              • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

I just want to thank the person who started this thread.  I'm not sure how long ago it was since i'm new and this is my FIRST post..yay!!  but thank you very much..you have no idea how much money it saved me!! i must have glanced over the post a million times but didnt read it completely because i thought to myself "this is far too much work and far to technical for anything i can ever achieve"  but i finally gave it and gave it a read...ITS VERY SIMPLE..anyone can do this people...if you have any questions or concerns my advice is go to youtube and type in "thowies" and you will see a video of a guy making them in like 10 seconds...Give it a try girls..you will be happy you did..i bought 500 lights and 200 batteries for less than 80.00 canadian...i'll have tons..if anyone wants to know my links whee i found the material..please feel free to send me a message..

#108 JR14

JR14
                • 244 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

Hi emerald- I'm from Ontario too and would like to know where you got your supplies from?

Originally Posted by emerald0130 

I just want to thank the person who started this thread.  I'm not sure how long ago it was since i'm new and this is my FIRST post..yay!!  but thank you very much..you have no idea how much money it saved me!! i must have glanced over the post a million times but didnt read it completely because i thought to myself "this is far too much work and far to technical for anything i can ever achieve"  but i finally gave it and gave it a read...ITS VERY SIMPLE..anyone can do this people...if you have any questions or concerns my advice is go to youtube and type in "thowies" and you will see a video of a guy making them in like 10 seconds...Give it a try girls..you will be happy you did..i bought 500 lights and 200 batteries for less than 80.00 canadian...i'll have tons..if anyone wants to know my links whee i found the material..please feel free to send me a message..

J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)

#109 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
                  • 452 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:40 AM

I'm with JR14 - where did you get them?

#110 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

For the Canadian girls, I just ordered 100 LED lights and 25 of the 3V batteries from dealextreme.com for under $20. I've ordered from them before and it usually takes a few weeks to get stuff from China but no complaints. Here's the links to the items I ordered:

Lights

https://www.dealextr...ils.dx/sku.1106

Batteries

https://www.dealextr...ls.dx/sku.34712

Once I receive everything I'll let you know how it all worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users