• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

Has anyone started taking vitamins? I just got some a fiber powder to mix with water and some essential fatty oils for better skin and hair. Ive never been a vitamin person so wanted to hear everyone's thoughts, opinions, recommendations

#2 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
    • 382 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:35 AM

I would love some info too. I used to take a One a day but haven't in a long time.
      Recently I started having smoothies for breakfast, I use 1 banana, some soy milk and a scoop of GO LEAN energy shake mix. It has lots of stuff in it, tastes good all together, and keeps me full time lunch and beyond.

#3 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

The Women's Packets from GNC work great. All of the daily vitamins come in a pouch so you don't have to buy tons of vitamins to take. Here is the link: GNC - Women's Health: GNC Women's Ultra Mega® Active Vitapak®

#4 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

You can check out the Vitamin Advisor on Dr. Weil's web site to see what you need. You can get most of the vitamins from COSTCO/SAM's/Wal-Mart/Target.

https://www.drweil.c....param=VArosnav

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

I take a daily multi-vitamin for women, and then also an extra one with vitamin C and D in it (to make up for the fact that it's been a really gloomy winter here in Canada this year!)

#6 laycj18

laycj18
            • 76 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

I used to take One-A-Day weight smart....but oddly it made me very nauseous! I've been meaning to check out other ones so I'm eager to hear suggestions also.

#7 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,369 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

Thanks Ladies for the helpful links - Ill let you know if I start noticing a difference in my skin/nails/hair :)

#8 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

There was a previous thread on this a while ago... I'm sure you'll find a lot of info on it...

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t25446

#9 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by laycj18
                    I used to take One-A-Day weight smart....but oddly it made me very nauseous! I've been meaning to check out other ones so I'm eager to hear suggestions also.
                    I used to take those too and they made me very sick!! I used to start sweating really bad and sometimes throw up. It would pass after a few minutes, but it was horrible! I actually have that problem with a lot of vitamins, so I tend to not take any. Which I know is not good. I think I might check out the packets from GNC.

#10 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 5,369 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

Thanks Casey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users