• 496 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:38 AM

Never would have thought of that!
    Thanks Jacilynda!

#32 msemi305

msemi305
    • 162 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

super cool idea!! might have to do them!!

#33 boven

boven
      • 193 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

I have been searching for gold doilies at Michael's and other crafts stores but have been unsuccessful. Anyone know where I can find them in a retail store or do I need to purchase them online?

Thanks for the help!

#34 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

one of the girls asked this same question a few posts up. I only know doiles in the cake section of michaels or walmart. I can't think of seeing gold ones, but if you're using them for the luminarias color isn't going to matter or show, they go on the inside and will just appear black on the outsed showing the detail, but won't show that they are gold. You could buy gold bags though

#35 boven

boven
          • 193 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jacilynda
            one of the girls asked this same question a few posts up. I only know doiles in the cake section of michaels or walmart. I can't think of seeing gold ones, but if you're using them for the luminarias color isn't going to matter or show, they go on the inside and will just appear black on the outsed showing the detail, but won't show that they are gold. You could buy gold bags though
            Yeah I saw that post but didn't know if people had seen different color doilies at Michaels or Walmart. I'm trying to follow Martha Stewart's instruction for luminaries which calls for gold doilies. You make a good point though about not needing specific colored doilies because they are glued on the inside of the bag and will appear dark. That's good to know. Thanks for your feedback!

#36 march132010

march132010
            • 1,057 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

great idea--- make sure you show the finish product

#37 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:13 AM

Sarah used Martha Stewarts and used plain white doilies.

Check out a pic of her luminarias, start the slideshow and then skip up to pic # 99, 109, 110 shows a good pic of hers
                04.04.09 Sarah and Jivan | Ana y Jose Tulum | Photography by Sol Tamargo

#38 boven

boven
                • 193 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jacilynda
                  Sarah used Martha Stewarts and used plain white doilies.

Check out a pic of her luminarias, start the slideshow and then skip up to pic # 99, 109, 110 shows a good pic of hers
                  04.04.09 Sarah and Jivan | Ana y Jose Tulum | Photography by Sol Tamargo
                  Wow, you're fast! Even locating the exact pictures on Sarah's slideshow. They did turn out great.

Much appreciated!

#39 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by boven
                    Wow, you're fast! Even locating the exact pictures on Sarah's slideshow. They did turn out great.

Much appreciated!
                    LOL!

No problem! I didn't realize how similar Sarah and I's weddings are until I saw her pics, so I've looked over them soooooooo many times to keep envisioning my day!

#40 autjo

autjo
                    • 2,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

I love all of the ideas on here! I just worry about the candles going out or someone using them to catch each other on fire. Yes... I have crazy friends. Anyways, I found these LED tealights on ebay for a great price!

144 FLAMELESS BATTERY LED WEDDING TEALIGHT CANDLES - eBay (item 120430742123 end time Jul-05-09 13:15:38 PDT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users