• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:00 AM

Great idea Tammy! That's kinda what we had in mind for our STD's, but then there just got to be too many that we didn't want to spend the $$ for really "nice" picture frames. That's a good idea for the people who actually come to the wedding. You can also find cool real silver frames down there for a decent price if you spend some time to barter. That might be something cool- if it was bought there and had a picture from Cabo in it!

#22 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:12 AM

Hey Sarah, how did you change the color of your screen name?

#23 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:22 AM

To change your screen name, on the top of your screen click vbPlaza Menu, then vbPlazaMain, then scroll down to "username options". You can change the color, add italics or bold, add a "glow", and all sorts of stuff. I did italics, color, and glow. They cost points, but you have alot so you can pretty much buy anything you want! The only thing I didn't know how to do was choose a color, because you just have to type in the color that you want. But, yesterday Nabumbah posted a thread called "bold, italicized, and underlined text" where she explained how to use these techniques, including color in our posts. She put all the colors in one of her replies, so I just looked until I found the colors I wanted, and typed them in. Be careful because it looks like some show up better than others. To get to that thread, click Best Destination Wedding Forum > BDW General > Forum News & Updates > Bugs, issues or "how to" navigate forum questions.
        Have fun- I can't wait to see what you pick!

#24 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:44 AM

Ok information over load.. lol.. I'll have to copy your post and re-read it a few times.. lol...

#25 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

Sorry- I have a hard time doing the "condensed version" of stuff. I always go overboard! Just go to the vbPlaza Menu- I'm sure you can figure it out!

#26 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TAMMYM
              Hey Sarah, how did you change the color of your screen name?
              Yeah! You did it- very cool, huh?

#27 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:56 AM

ROFL, OK I think I just wasted over 1000.00 points just to get the color to look decent. Still not crazy about it, but it'll work for now.. lol

#28 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
                • 402 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
                  Very nice MariaElena, I was orginally thinking about doing an OOT bag but now I'm thinking about personal gifts for everyone instead, maybe a different picture frame or something and have Juan take a pictures of the couples at the wedding and that way they have a professional picture from Cabo to put in the frame.
                  That's a really good idea! Several years ago at my sister's wedding she had the photographer set-up to take portraits of guests if they wanted. Since lots of people get dressed up for weddings, they really appreciated the nice pics they got, especially with family and/or friends they don't see often. I bet your guests will love it too!
                  MariaElena - 10/28/06
                  Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#29 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:04 PM

Quote:
                    ROFL, OK I think I just wasted over 1000.00 points just to get the color to look decent. Still not crazy about it, but it'll work for now.. lol
                    lol, you are funny. I think it's really cute! I like the yellow and orange. I think it shows up better than mine, but I didn't want to spend the points to redo it!

#30 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:16 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
                    To change your screen name, on the top of your screen click vbPlaza Menu, then vbPlazaMain, then scroll down to "username options". You can change the color, add italics or bold, add a "glow", and all sorts of stuff. I did italics, color, and glow. They cost points, but you have alot so you can pretty much buy anything you want! The only thing I didn't know how to do was choose a color, because you just have to type in the color that you want. But, yesterday Nabumbah posted a thread called "bold, italicized, and underlined text" where she explained how to use these techniques, including color in our posts. She put all the colors in one of her replies, so I just looked until I found the colors I wanted, and typed them in. Be careful because it looks like some show up better than others. To get to that thread, click Best Destination Wedding Forum > BDW General > Forum News & Updates > Bugs, issues or "how to" navigate forum questions.
                    Have fun- I can't wait to see what you pick!
                    great info sarah, you can also in the future, find the thread, go to the address bar on top, copy it and paste it...use the back/forward button on your web browser and anything you started typing shoudl still be there...just a thought.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users