Photo

dress deal or not...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nonnie

Nonnie
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

I think I may have found my dress, It's actually a BM dress, but the store had the floor model in white, it fits perfectly looks fantastic and they are getting a replacement floor model in soon so I can probably buy it right off them for less then $280

This is it: Venus Bridals

The problem is their reason for getting a new floor model, the one I tried on has a blue stain from a seamstresses pen.

My mom and I have a few ideas for getting rid of, our disguising the stain and I have asked some theater wardrobe ladies for their advice (I work in theater) and they had some good ideas. I have also contacted Venus Bridal to try and find out what kind of pen their dress makers use so I can target my efforts.

Any advice from you guys? I love this dress, but my fiance is worried I am going to go down the aisle with "something blue" on my hip

#2 nibsmom

nibsmom
    • 564 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

Well, I don't know anything about getting pen out, but it's a very pretty dress!! I can't imagine it would be some kind of strange super pen that didn't come out like a normal pen...after all, wouldn't a seamstress make sure to use some kind of pen that would come out since he/she is around fabric all the time??

Maybe if you're nervous about it you could find a used one or a cheap on on ebay or somewhere else online!

I would go for it if you really like the dress...but then, maybe you shouldn't ask me, because I bought two wedding dresses AND two TTDs....I can never make up my mind!

Good luck!!

#3 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
      • 226 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:29 PM

Go for it. The seamstress wouldn't use a permanent pen on the fabric. Take it the the dry cleaner and be sure to point out the spot to them. It's a beautiful dress and such a great deal!
        Danielle & John
        Aventura Spa Palace
        October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#4 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

What a great dress, I would also think it should be able to come out. Good Luck!
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#5 Nonnie

Nonnie
          • 172 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Well the lady who owns the shop is exchanging it for a replacement floor model so she won't sell it.

I'm still going to buy that dress style though, $280 is a steal

#6 pugmomjenn

pugmomjenn
            • Banned
            • 138 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:23 AM

Ok so if you're brave try white ammonia. I was at a bridal store that is closing so all they had were samples. The dress I liked for my TTD had tons I repeat tons of black marks all over it. She came out with a rag she soaked with the ammonia and with a little bit of time all the marks were coming out perfectly. I still couldn't decide on the dress though...lol.

#7 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
              • 156 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

Great find. My dress was also a white BM dress from the Venus line.
                Jennifer & David
                January 22, 2009
                Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#8 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                • 382 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

Depending on where the stain is, my best friends dress actually had a flower that was attached to the side of the dress. Her dress was from Demetrio's and it looked beautiful.

Hopefully the mark will come out but if not you have other options.

In this pic you can see the flower.

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 Nonnie

Nonnie
                  • 172 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

Thanks guys,

I've tried the same model on in a size 10, and it fits better then the 12 with the stain, so I am going to order it in a 10

I wish everything about planning this wedding was as easy as finding that dress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users