Riu Santa Fe Brides, Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#51 Cabosbride09

Cabosbride09
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:06 AM

Hi guys,
    I booked with Sears Travel and we got a price of $1607 incl. tax and every 11th free, until last week when our travel agent told us that we will not be getting every 11th free because we did not have 40 people booked something she left out of our original quote. Our payments were due today and there was nothing we could do about it.
    Red, How many people did your agent tell you was the minimum to book to get the 11th free?

#52 Cabosbride09

Cabosbride09
    • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:06 AM

Hi guys,
      I booked with Sears Travel and we got a price of $1607 incl. tax and every 11th free, until last week when our travel agent told us that we will not be getting every 11th free because we did not have 40 people booked something she left out of our original quote. Our payments were due today and there was nothing we could do about it.
      Red, How many people did your agent tell you was the minimum to book to get the 11th free?

#53 Cabosbride09

Cabosbride09
      • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

Hi guys,

#54 red789

red789
        • 37 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

I didnt ask actually, i did know you had to have 40, though, I believe that if you dont have 40, you are still entitled to every 16th free. Here is the sunquest link to their group brouchure.

http://www.sunquesta....Q_GROUPS08.pdf

#55 DestCabo10

DestCabo10
          • 49 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hi everyone! Im a Santa Fe Bride too september of 2010 so quite a while after everyone else. I attended another wedding at Riu Santa Fe in september of 2008 and it was beautiful. The wedding was at 6 on the beach and there were people watching from behind ( in the pool bar) but it wasnt as bad as people say. you couldnt notice them during the ceremony they were considerate and after they all helped cheer and clap. THe dinner was at the steak house on the terrace and it was beautiful also. DInner was just as the sun was setting and it was very private. the food was incredable! we had ate at the steakhouse a few nights prior and had steak. At the wedding dinner we had chicken and it was delicious as well. We then went to the disco they rented it out for dancing. It looked like an 80s strip club inside (mirrors cherries and dark) but it was so much fun and very private as well. i suggest bringing your own ipod becasue the dj they had didnt speak english very well and it was hard to communicate http://bestdestinati....jacked.gifwhat songs we wanted to hear. all in all we had a great time and i am enjoying planning our wedding for 2010

#56 Loscabos2009

Loscabos2009
            • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

Wow, I am feeling overwhelmed!!!

Here's my info:
              Travel Dates: May 18-25, 2009
              Wedding Date: May 21, 2009
              Ceremony: beach, 4pm
              Photographer/Videographer: ??
              Colours: Black and White
              -I would like our reception dinner is on the Steak House Terrace
              My girlfriend is going to do my hair, as she is a hairdresser!

I have been told by Erika that they do not allow outside photographers, only the photographer the resort provides. After reading numerous reviews on this site, I have emailed Erika and advised her that I know they have allowed this in the past, so I am waiting to hear back from her, to see what the outcome is.

Did anyone run into these kind of problems before?

Amy

#57 Cabosbride09

Cabosbride09
              • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for the link Red, this should be a great help!

#58 lgarner83

lgarner83
                • 530 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

Amy- I think you're out of luck when it comes to outsdie vendors, I'm sorry to say. If you have a few minutes check out my thread about the problems we had: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t38037

Basically they changed the policy this year to not allow and almost did not let me bring mine on for this Sept even though they had said that I could in Sept of last year. I ended up having to email her manager and corporate before she would budge on anything. Our situation is different from yours since they had to honour our previous agreement that was in writing but even then it was very difficult. I hope they change their policy but I think you're outta luck when it comes to that Sucks I know.

#59 cabobridey

cabobridey
                  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

They told me no outside vendors. I told Erika that I was going to insist on bringing one in. She allowed it, but I had to pay day passes. Just be firm. It is your wedding!! = )

#60 CarlySR

CarlySR
                    • 67 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Loscabos2009
                      Wow, I am feeling overwhelmed!!!

Here's my info:
                      Travel Dates: May 18-25, 2009
                      Wedding Date: May 21, 2009
                      Ceremony: beach, 4pm
                      Photographer/Videographer: ??
                      Colours: Black and White
                      -I would like our reception dinner is on the Steak House Terrace
                      My girlfriend is going to do my hair, as she is a hairdresser!

I have been told by Erika that they do not allow outside photographers, only the photographer the resort provides. After reading numerous reviews on this site, I have emailed Erika and advised her that I know they have allowed this in the past, so I am waiting to hear back from her, to see what the outcome is.

Did anyone run into these kind of problems before?

Amy

There is a previous post with a link to the photographer that the hotel uses and they aren't half bad!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users