Riu Santa Fe Brides, Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#241 Kelly C

Kelly C
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

Carly Congrats now were wedding twins.

But as you can see I brought home a special suprise from our wedding moon. LOL
    Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#242 kristenb23

kristenb23
    • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

Hi Melissa,
      I've been talking to Nelly - I finally got a hold of her (thank you so much for offering your help)! I'm making the arrangements now for our ceremony & dinner. Our ceremony is for 4pm on the 11th. I'm going to see if I can book the English patio for dancing but not sure if we can. We have 24 guests (26 of us in total) but we may have a few others join last minute. I don't have the exact details on our flights yet but we are definitely leaving on the 7th and departing on the 14th. Getting very excited - 59 more days!

#243 Ethan's Mommy

Ethan's Mommy
      • 30 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

Hi Kristen

So happy to hear that Nelly has been in touch. I have been pondering the English Patio as well, I just want to make sure we are able to have our first dance together as husband and wife, and a couple of other dances for the family. We actually went down to Panama a few years ago for my friends wedding and they just did their first dance and a couple of other dances right in the restaurant so to save some money we might just do it this way as well. We are just going with the free wedding package, the only thing that I really wanted was a good photographer, so we decided to go with Alec & T, and I am so excited, they take beautiful pictures and I can not wait to work with them. I to am getting very excited for the wedding, now that we are in the planning stages. This forum is so great, it is so nice to have people to talk to who are going through the same things.

#244 CarlySR

CarlySR
        • 67 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kelly C
          Carly Congrats now were wedding twins.

But as you can see I brought home a special suprise from our wedding moon. LOL
          Ha ha! No pitter patter of little feet for me! However James' Brother and Wife conceived on our Wedding night! Hopefully in the next year or so though!
          I hope you enjoyed your one year annviersary and celebrated in style!

Carly x

#245 CarlySR

CarlySR
          • 67 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to mention, make sure you check with Nelly that they kept my Tulle, I don't want you to bank on it being there and then it isn't!

Carly x

#246 CarlySR

CarlySR
            • 67 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ethan's Mommy
              Hi Kristen

So happy to hear that Nelly has been in touch. I have been pondering the English Patio as well, I just want to make sure we are able to have our first dance together as husband and wife, and a couple of other dances for the family. We actually went down to Panama a few years ago for my friends wedding and they just did their first dance and a couple of other dances right in the restaurant so to save some money we might just do it this way as well. We are just going with the free wedding package, the only thing that I really wanted was a good photographer, so we decided to go with Alec & T, and I am so excited, they take beautiful pictures and I can not wait to work with them. I to am getting very excited for the wedding, now that we are in the planning stages. This forum is so great, it is so nice to have people to talk to who are going through the same things.

Just wanted to give you my feedback on the English Patio as I was considering it all. It is very pretty and nice and private, what I didn't like is you still have to pay for a DJ and bartender on top of the $500 site fee, it is ourdoors so if it is as hot as it was on my day (at least 100 degrees) you need some relief from the heat and you can only have it until 10pm.
              I decided to go with the disco as we could have it later, still private, cheaper and air conditioned!!!
              You cannot have music or dancing at any of the restaurants unless you rent the whole restaurant but then you might as well go with the English patio or the disco. Hope this helps!

Carly

#247 DestCabo10

DestCabo10
              • 49 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CarlySR
                I was in touch with Nelly for quite a while before the Wedding as I am a bit of a control freak but only for quick questions regarding cost of extras, locations for reception dinner and things, we we're really going back and forth daily. She was great, she replied to me right away. I think if you email her and tell her you want to start planning now she will be fine with that! If not, don't worry, it is very well organized when you get down there, we finalized everything then, the only thing I did well in advance was book the steak house terrace and the disco so no one else could book it!
                Carly x
                Hey carly, congratulations on your wedding! I was wondering if you were required to pay a deposit when renting the disco and steak house in advance?

#248 CarlySR

CarlySR
                • 67 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DestCabo10
                  Hey carly, congratulations on your wedding! I was wondering if you were required to pay a deposit when renting the disco and steak house in advance?
                  Nope! I didn't pay a penny for anything until I got there!

#249 brookefouts

brookefouts
                  • 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

Did you go through the photographer at the resort or hire your own? I am trying to figure out my budget for the photos. Thanks abunch!!!
                    brooke

#250 Ethan's Mommy

Ethan's Mommy
                    • 30 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hi brooke

You will have to use the hotel photographer, as of September 29th this year the hotel now has a contract with Mango Productions and they are no longer allowing outside photographers on site for weddings. Unless they have changed this in the last month. Good luck with the planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users