Photo

Riu Santa Fe Brides, Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#191 red789

red789
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

Hey Guys! Crazy so many of you there at the same time! I just got some answers back from Nelly, thought i would share them for other brides who may have the same ones. I have to agree, Nelly is awesome, much faster at getting back, looking forward to working with her.

What will the seating arrangement be for 61 ppl so I can make a seating chart? Because of the lay-out of the restaurant you only can have tables of 10 or 12 people, and a head table if you want

How long will the photographer be there for? It depend of the package you choose.

When do i select flowers/cake. When you arrive.

When will we do the rehearsal ( can we do it Wednesday around lunch time - we will leave for the sunset cruise at 3:00) The rehearsals we make them in the morning like 9 or 10am,

What colour chair back colours do you have? The fabric is in white and the bows are in silver, gold and purple.

What time will you set up the ceremony location, as my family would like to add a few things Usually 3 hours before the cermenony

Are there any other weddings that day yet? So far you are the only.

I will be supplying my own minister – we will not require one – as previsouly agreed, there will be no charge for the free wedding package, Yes, there won't be charge for the minister.

#192 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
    • 151 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bride2becabo
      I have spoke to the new coordinator. Her name is Nelly. She has been awesome! I had more information in her from 1 email then I had from Erika in the past 3 months! Im happy
      Nelly did our wedding in Jan. because Erika was sick, and she did an amazing job. It far exceded our expectations for the package we had chose. So I am sure that you will be very happy with her.

#193 bride2becabo

bride2becabo
      • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:37 AM

yah for sure. this probably sounds dumb but what are oot bags?

#194 BTurner

BTurner
        • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

Carly,
          That is a beautiful dress! I have not been shopping yet, but I am excited that we may also pick the Rui to get married at. They did not have my first date, so we had to pick another. Is the photographer from the hotel or someone else in Cabo.

Thanks Beverly

#195 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
          • 5,705 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BTurner
            Carly,
            That is a beautiful dress! I have not been shopping yet, but I am excited that we may also pick the Rui to get married at. They did not have my first date, so we had to pick another. Is the photographer from the hotel or someone else in Cabo.

Thanks Beverly
            The Riu is very nice, good luck with everything!!

#196 Girly Girl

Girly Girl
            • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by bride2becabo
              yah for sure. this probably sounds dumb but what are oot bags?
              Hi bride2becabo

It stands for Out Of Town Bags, took me awhile to figure that out as well lol
              [

#197 MissFitzy

MissFitzy
              • 21 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:35 AM

So ... quick question ...

I know it is up for debate whether outside vendors are or are not allowed on site, with or without a day pass ... confusing and annoying - I had emailed Nelly for a list of prices for "extras" so as to work them into the budget. I don't see anything on here about a violinist? Has anyone gotten married at the Santa Fe and had live music, other than mariachi, which I see on the list?

Thanks !!!!

#198 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
                • 174 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

I was wondering if you could send me some photos of your wedding I'm looking to get married there next Aug, do you know if you can have a reception on the beach?

#199 Christine H

Christine H
                  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Can anyone tell me how early I should contact the wedding coordinator at the Riu? My date is about six months away and haven't had any contact with her. Is it too soon to initiate contact? Just wondering if I do contact her if she will tell me to hold off on things... Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

#200 RikkiLynn

RikkiLynn
                    • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

hi christine,

we didn't hear from the wc until about 2 1/2 months prior because we'd heard they had a diff wc. when we'd emailed them before that, they said not to worry, they'd contact us, but the email i've been in contact with is <weddings.loscabos01@riu.com>. once we got in contact with nelly, she has been great about getting back to us.

hope that helps some!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users