Riu Santa Fe Brides, Post Here!

CarlySR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarner83 View Post
No they do not!!! They used to and we went through a huge ordeal where they wouldn't let us bring our photographer anymore even though they had already said that we could and we had already paid the deposit. Thankfully, eventually they relented and honoured their original agreement but they no longer allow outside vendors. sad.gif Thankfully, the photographer at the resort does beautiful work!
Hello,

I don't know where the whole outside vendor for a photographer came about but I e-mailed Erika Rangal myself to clarify this. She told me that they don't allow outside vendors anymore unless they pay a day pass of $75. I made sure of this because photography is really important to me:) We get married on January 21, 2010.

Thanks,
Janina01

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlySR View Post
Hi Girls,
Don't mean to panic you all, but, I just got a call from my travel agent and our trip has been cancelled. I'm booked with Sunquest, we booked back in January and apparently they are not flying to Mexico until November 2nd. So stupid, can't believe it! So, we are having now to book our flight and hotel seperately, probably have to fly to the States and then to Cabo.
If you haven't heard anything yet, you might want to call your travel agent and check! We are getting married October 17th, anything after November 2nd should be fine!

Carly
Aww, that's totally unfortunate. The good thing is that you guys still get to fly to Mexico at least! We don't get married till January 21, 2010 but we are also flying with Sunquest. I'm really surprised they cancelled. Hope everything works out for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janina01 View Post
Hello,

I don't know where the whole outside vendor for a photographer came about but I e-mailed Erika Rangal myself to clarify this. She told me that they don't allow outside vendors anymore unless they pay a day pass of $75. I made sure of this because photography is really important to me:) We get married on January 21, 2010.

Thanks,
Janina01
We had a HUGE blow out with Erika in January over this. At first she told us that we could (last Sept) and then in Jan she told us that they were no longer allowed at all. Even with day pass. Hopefully since then they have changed it back due to complaints!!

Quote:
Hi Girls,
Don't mean to panic you all, but, I just got a call from my travel agent and our trip has been cancelled. I'm booked with Sunquest, we booked back in January and apparently they are not flying to Mexico until November 2nd. So stupid, can't believe it! So, we are having now to book our flight and hotel seperately, probably have to fly to the States and then to Cabo.
If you haven't heard anything yet, you might want to call your travel agent and check! We are getting married October 17th, anything after November 2nd should be fine!

Carly
OMG whathuh.gif We are booked through Sunquest too but we didn't get a call and I just checked on the sunquest website and their latest updated travel advisory says that they have only cancelled flights until June 20! I called our travel agent and expect to hear from her tomorrow...crap!!!

Quote:
OMG whathuh.gif We are booked through Sunquest too but we didn't get a call and I just checked on the sunquest website and their latest updated travel advisory says that they have only cancelled flights until June 20! I called our travel agent and expect to hear from her tomorrow...crap!!!
I guess we all have something in common as we are booked with Sunquest too! :) We're not flying till January so I shouldn't worry but like you said, I'm not sure why there would be any cancelled flights.. hmm..? I can't wait to hear what your TA has to say.

Quote:
It is nothing to do with H1N1, the only issue I know of is out of Toronto. It is due to the economy and lack of market interest, basically, they can't fill the planes! So they are not flying to Cabo for the summer and fall and resuming in November.
I was furious! The only way we found out was through one of our friends who actually phoned Sunquest to try and book! We got no phone call, letter, nothing. My travel agent hadn't even been notified, she had to call them!
So we are booking through expedia.ca, the only positive thing is it is $300 pp cheaper! No wonder they can't fill their planes!

Yes, we had our saved emails too but at the time she didn't care! It took a couple phone calls to her, multiple emails, a call to the resort manager and even a call to corporate to get our way! We were determined that they had to honour their original agreement. Not to mention we had paid a big deposit on our photographer already! lol. It all worked out.

Regarding my TA, she's either off today or works this afternoon so we're waiting on that. I actually attempting to call Sunquest directly but customer service told me that I needed to speak with my TA and that this was information that she "wasn't allowed" to say. WTHhuh.gif? I'll let you know when I know. I can't find anything online.

Carly, what exactly did they say?? I feel so bad for you, that sucks!!!

Quote:
It is nothing to do with H1N1, the only issue I know of is out of Toronto. It is due to the economy and lack of market interest, basically, they can't fill the planes! So they are not flying to Cabo for the summer and fall and resuming in November.
I was furious! The only way we found out was through one of our friends who actually phoned Sunquest to try and book! We got no phone call, letter, nothing. My travel agent hadn't even been notified, she had to call them!
So we are booking through expedia.ca, the only positive thing is it is $300 pp cheaper! No wonder they can't fill their planes!
We were posting at the same time so ignore my last post. :)..did your guests pay deposits?? are they being refunded?