Is it ok to have "beach" decorations at a rainforest wedding?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:26 AM

I'm getting married in Costa Rica, in the rainforest, sort of up on a small mountain overlooking the forest and the ocean. Even though we'll be going to the beach throughout the week, the hotel isn't ON the beach (it's not even walking distance b/c it's too high up, but the view of the ocean is great!).

I'm not sure yet if my ceremony will be on the beach or at the hotel, but if I do have it at the hotel is it ok to use beach-themed favors and decorations? I was thinking of tying starfish to my OOT bags and putting a starfish design on partyflops flip-flops, but is that lame? I haven't found many rain-forest-y decorations or designs that I like, but I don't want to seem fake either!

Anyways, let me know your thoughts :)

#2 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

I think the starfish are fine for costa rica. I think if you have it at the hotel I would keep beachy things to a minimum, although starfish would be fine as long as they weren't in every corner all over. I think w/ costa rica and rainforest I would decorate w/ lanterns and lots of bright flowers!

#3 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

Part of the appeal of starfish for me is that I can use real ones (and I also like them graphically). The extent of it would pretty much be tying one with a ribbon to the OOT bags, having a starfish design on flip flops, and possibly incorporating starfish into some other designs (thank you notes, tags, etc). I wouldn't actually have starfish centerpieces or anything (my main decorations will just be lots of flowers).

Anyways, I'm open to alternative tropical suggestions, but I don't want to use fake flowers or anything :)

#4 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

our big wedding at home was on a lake, and obviously there are no starfish there! but we used the subtle beach theme throughout the whole decorating process. starfish, sand dollars, palm trees, shells etc. i would say DO IT! :) its your wedding, who cares what anyone else thinks!

#5 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:16 AM

haha, awesome, thanks! That's just the encouragement I needed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users