Money problems

ddiinnyyeell

I AM SO FRUSTRATED.

So our wedding is in October and we've been working hard to get everything planned out. The next thing our list was a photographer so I began my search. Obviously the economy isn't in great shape right now and it has really hurt my fiancee's business (he made $20,000 LESS this year than last). It was his idea to have the destination wedding, knowing that we'd be spending money not only on our travel but his parent's because they can't afford it. He knew going in this was going to be a big expense for us. Suddenly, it's all MY fault that I am looking for a photographer that he has to pay for and he doesn't have the moeny. So my mom (bless her heart) calls me and says she will be happy to pay for the photographer. Great news, right? Nope. Now, I'm told that I've been crying to my mom about money issues that aren't her business and that he feels as though my parents don't think he can provide for me anymore.

I'm considering just taking the money from my mom and booking the photographer on my own. It's not worth the fighting over it. We've never fought until it come down to this wedding.

shots.gif

Thanks for listening to my vent. If it even made sense!

So sorry you are going through this! Sounds like your FI is pretty stressed right now! Have you picked your resort yet? Maybe you could check w/ the resort photog and see if that would be priced more reasonablehuh.gif I think everyone is suffering through this economy - I hope you can work everything out - good luck.

Sorry to hear your dilema!

That's awesome that your mom is offering to pay for the photographer! You both should look at it as a great gift and contribution to your day. Your mom really wants to give you something that can last a lifetime.

Just talk it over again, I'm sure he will realize that it isn't a big deal. Maybe he is feeling a bit hurt, because his parents aren't able to provide such an amazing gift like the one your mom is providing :0(

I kinda understand both of your side thou, because my family is really involve and wants to participate and his family is not! I don't even think his parents are going to our wedding... only his 20 year old brother.... With that said, I decided not to accept any help until we are in Mexico. If my family wants to pay for the rehersal/welcome dinner or anything related to the wedding ones we are in Mexico, at that point I'll accept it, because at that point it will be a gift for the both of us (as husband & wife)....

Not sure if this helps, but best of luck with everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccergurl3 View Post
We are having a hige problem with money too! We have a two year old son and everyone expects us to pay for their trip...I think it is absolutely ridiculous...we should just elope and send them all a video in the mail !!!smile120.gif
Ask them what they are smoking, and get them to send me some.

You'll have to learn not to tell him everything just keep it to yourself its not worth the grief. You are nicer than me tho I'd have said well if we weren't paying for your parents there wouldn't be a problem lol Accept the offer and tell him nothing i'm sure he'll calm down soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysBride View Post
Ask them what they are smoking, and get them to send me some.
classic lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
You are nicer than me tho I'd have said well if we weren't paying for your parents there wouldn't be a problem lol
AHHH you have no idea how many times I have wanted to scream that. The soon to be inlaws are driving me crazy and that's a-whooooleee-nother story!

fryingpan.giffryingpan.giffryingpan.giffryingpan.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiinnyyeell View Post
AHHH you have no idea how many times I have wanted to scream that. The soon to be inlaws are driving me crazy and that's a-whooooleee-nother story!

fryingpan.giffryingpan.giffryingpan.giffryingpan.gif
I wouldn't be able to keep my gob shut lol I know the in laws thing I have that problem 2 lol luckily FMIL knows I am an evil cow and if she utters one complaint i will nail her arse to the wall lol luckily FI's sister has warned her off lol

I have a deal with FI he doesn't tell me all the shit they do to him and stuff and i don't get digs in about them lol I've not spoken to FMIL for a year and I don't plan to start at the wedding lmao shots.gif