New Moon Palace in Punta Cana

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hello ladies! After many months of research, I have finally decided on MP PC for my DW. Even though the resort is not even close to being done (according to trip advisor reviews) I figure by November, things should be ok. I actually just faxed over my date request form so hopefully we can confirm the date for November 21, 2009. I am so excited, let the planning begin! I would love to hear from anyone planning on getting married at this resort or any other helpful info!

Do you know anything about their wedding packages in Punta Cana? Looking at the ones they have in Mexico it would be a lot cheaper to have a private reception than at the Majestic Colonial (which is our front runner at the moment). I'm not sure how different they'll be though.

Man, every time I turn around I find a different resort option, lol.

Check the prices for your guest because they get very expensive. My guest were very worried about the cost of staying there so make sure that is something your guest want to do/afford. Look out for my review I will be there for 1wk to HM, can't wait the place looks devine.

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting married at Moon Palace Punta Cana on June 27, 2009 and have been stressing out the entire time if things would be finished by my wedding. Well, they are not, but many of the restaurants and things are, so I am staying optimistic! :) My mom knew someone higher up at Palace Resorts, so they were able to give me the date I wanted, before they started scheduling weddings there, which seems great, but it's really not since I had no idea what I was getting us into! lol! Eventhough our first choice was Mexico and now I'm kinda glad I chose PC because of the swine flu stress others are going through. We have almost 40 people booked to head down with us in just a few weeks. They are only offering the complimentary wedding at this time, which stinks since I really wanted the sapphire or diamond one they offer in Mexico. I'm also bummed about not getting the horse drawn carriage arrival, I really liked that.

I still have a lot to do in just a short few weeks to go!

Let me know if anyone has any questions, since I have been through a lot of it over the past few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifergk13 View Post
I am getting married at Moon Palace Punta Cana on June 27, 2009 and have been stressing out the entire time if things would be finished by my wedding. Well, they are not, but many of the restaurants and things are, so I am staying optimistic! :) My mom knew someone higher up at Palace Resorts, so they were able to give me the date I wanted, before they started scheduling weddings there, which seems great, but it's really not since I had no idea what I was getting us into! lol! Eventhough our first choice was Mexico and now I'm kinda glad I chose PC because of the swine flu stress others are going through. We have almost 40 people booked to head down with us in just a few weeks. They are only offering the complimentary wedding at this time, which stinks since I really wanted the sapphire or diamond one they offer in Mexico. I'm also bummed about not getting the horse drawn carriage arrival, I really liked that.

I still have a lot to do in just a short few weeks to go!

Let me know if anyone has any questions, since I have been through a lot of it over the past few months.
I was really hoping to do my wedding here too just for the horse carrige ride to wow my guest. Its always good to have people in house to pull strings. I had to pull out since I did not have a set date and wanting a July wedding. My guest also had a problem with the price. We will have our HM there for 1 wk, looking forward to see your review I'm sure you will have a great time they are experience in weddings.

jennifergk13,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm getting married at Moon Palace Punta Cana on November 21 and can't wait! I completely understand your feelings regarding the completion (or lack thereof) of the resort. We loved all the amenities the resort has to offer and how beautiful everything looked, which is why we chose the resort. Who is your WC? I was originally speaking with Diana but since our date has been confirmed, I have been corresponding with Michaelle. I would love to hear any details regarding your wedding. Right now we are just booked for the complimentary package until we decide which one we want. I am also waiting for a price sheet for the additional add-ons because we want to do something private for our 20 guests. Are you getting married on the beach? Are you receiving the complimentary cocktail reception? What are you planning on doing for the reception? This has been my hardest decision so far because I want to do something more than just a dinner in one of the restaurants with all of the other people staying at the resort. I would love to hear what you are planning. Good luck!

Hola Sandinmytoes - I so luv your name! I was saying the exact same thing when planning our 30th anniversary in Cabarete, D.R.

Top o the list was to get some sand in my toes! and we did. FUN!

All the best with deciding on your resort. There are some beautiful and well-priced options here. Any one would make an extraordinary backdrop to your big day - Enjoy!

Hi Starfish!

So, now I finally have a for real WC, before I was going back and forth with lots of different people at Palace, but I think they were all in Miami. I am talking with Nancy now and she is so wonderful!! I think they don't let you start really planning things until it gets close to 30 days from the wedding date. I know they got really busy with all the weddings and people that had to change from Mexico to Punta Cana with the swine flu.

Since they don't have all of their packages in order yet, we are doing the complimentary package and then adding on the extras that we want. We are using the dinner up to 35 guests as our rehearsal dinner on Friday night. They have 4 restaurants that can accommodate our group of 35 or so. They have the steakhouse, a seafood place, mexican place or the italian restaurant that can have the larger groups.

Then on Saturday night after the wedding we are doing a private reception with the buffet outside on a terrace and I think we have decided on the BBQ buffet menu. They have a bunch of different menus to choose from. The options seem great! We are doing the audio package that includes the system that we can hook up our ipod to and we are organizing all of our songs for the ipod this week.

For the cocktail party, we didn't book all of our rooms as a group because the rates were more than what we found through the travel agency my mom owns, so just booked everyone individually. So we don't get the complimentary cocktail package, eventhough they had said they are going to try to work that out for us, but it's not for sure yet. We were going to do it on Thursday night as a Welcome thing or meet and greet, but now we are thinking that we don't want to have something every night for the people that are only coming for 3 or 4 nights. I want our guests to feel free to enjoy their vacation and maybe we will say "optional" or something, but we haven't completely decided yet.

I'm still working on a bunch of questions I emailed to Nancy today about flowers and cake, etc. I will definitely let you know what I find out. I will also post more of the information I have, as soon as I have time. My best advice is to not stress, especially with your wedding not until November, I am completely confident that everything will be perfect by then! Just relax and wait until they can start allowing you to plan things, but just be patient because I was freaking out every day and it drove me crazy and now it is all working out, so no worries! :)