Photo

Too many choices! :)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 andy_salazar

andy_salazar
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

Hello....I am so ready to begin planning our destination wedding. We are looking at April or May 2010 in Mexico. I am thinking of either the Maya Riviera or Cancun. My potentials hotels are Dreams Cancun, Dreams Talum, Azul Blue or Azul Sensatori. Now my travel agent has even recommeded the Iberostar chains or the Palace Hotels. There are so many choices I can't make a decision. Already feeling overwhelmed. I just want a beautiful scenary and an ocean that me and my son can play in. Any suggestion? I am open.
    Andy

#2 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
    • 3,347 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

Welcome! This site is a lifesaver, you should have no problem finding some answers here! Good luck in your planning!
      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#3 Macphail

Macphail
      • 588 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Congrats Andy and welcome to the forum! You're right, there are so many amazing places to choose between. It can seem a bit overwhelming, but I'm sure you'll find the right location for you soon. I guess it all comes down to your budget and any specifics you want (AI etc). Take a look at some of the sub-forums here and you'll find lots of great info on those venues. Best of luck with the plans!

#4 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
        • Vendor
        • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

Congratulations Andy! Best of luck with all your plans down in the Mayan. We hope you love it as much as we do.
          Lincoln & Lori
          Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
          Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
          Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
          Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
          http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#5 Jamaicabound

Jamaicabound
          • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hi Andy,
            Congratulations! You might want to check out TripAdvisor, too. I got a lot of useful information on the destination and specific resorts from there.
            Enjoy,
            D

#6 sarah310

sarah310
            • 172 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Andy -- I completely agree, too many choices!! I'm not much help, i've been engaged since November and still haven't picked a country. best of luck with the decision! and let me know what you decide!

#7 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
              • 5,705 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

d!no

#8 ashrose

ashrose
                • 422 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

Welcome! There is a ton of information on this board to help you make your choice!

Have you seen del Sol's thread that has pictures of the Cancun/Riveria Maya resorts? It's a bit overwhelming because they are such great photographers and they make all the resorts look fantastic... but... it might help you as you make your choices!

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t4276

#9 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

Welcome and congrats!! Im biased but I would reccomend Azul Beach Hotel if you are looking for a more intimate setting. There are only 98 rooms and a max of 50 wedding guests. Ill be getting married there May 8 2009 but was there last year to check out the resort and its amazing! Let me know if you have any questions and Happy Planning!

#10 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
                    • 1,257 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:22 AM

welcome to the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users