When to give BD book?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

I bought Matt one of the little books from MyPublisher | Create your own Photo Book with MyPublisher and receive a published hardcover book! b/c I got mine doen on 05/06/08, but we were leaving on the 14th or something. So there was no time to get a real book done. I actually like the one I made and it was perfect for that. I think I will make a more elaborate one for him soon, but that did the trick for the gift. Plus so many people have lost their books while on vacation, that I think it's good to have a low-key version. I think it was like $12 or maybe $20?

Either way, whichever company you choose, make sure you google coupon codes first. I know that mypublisher sometimes has free books. Or something I learned from Morgan, you can sometimes buy codes off of ebay for free books or something. So make sure to check for deals before you order!

#22 Amarillis

Amarillis
    • 1,913 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

I got mine done through shutterfly and was happy with it! It was definately inexpensive... under $40

#23 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
      • 268 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

So you just used the digital photos your photographer gave you and uploaded them and created your own on that website? Thats kind of a cool idea... does it take a long time to do and then receive it??

#24 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

I did mine in just a few hours, probably longer then needed. And I received it before we left for JA, so it literally took like 2 days. I got my photos done on the 4th, but didn't get the dvd with proofs until like the 9th (which was actually really quick, since i knew my photog personally). I ordered the book the same day and had it in hand by the time we left on the 14th. I probably paid extra for shipping, but that would only be a few dollars. So all in all, yes, you can get the book quickly. You just need to make sure the photog gets you the edited photos by a certain date, so be clear with then on when you need the photos by...

#25 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

I did mine in just a few hours, probably longer then needed. And I received it before we left for JA, so it literally took like 2 days. I got my photos done on the 4th, but didn't get the dvd with proofs until like the 9th (which was actually really quick, since i knew my photog personally). I ordered the book the same day and had it in hand by the time we left on the 14th. I probably paid extra for shipping, but that would only be a few dollars. So all in all, yes, you can get the book quickly. You just need to make sure the photog gets you the edited photos by a certain date, so be clear with then on when you need the photos by...

#26 misskaytee

misskaytee
            • 154 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tracy_S
              Hey question ladies.. I have my BD session booked for March 7th.. but I don't think my price includes an album and to buy one costs the same as the session... did any of you ladies have to go out and buy a cool album to put them or know of any non expensive sites I can check out and possibly buy one from there?? If you could let me know that would be great!!! Thanks!
              I just ordered a 20 page book from shutterfly and it was around 35.oo--
              http://www.weddingco...r/6q70cliba.png

Our Website (updates on our wedding, the house we just bought, and more!) http://www.freewebs.com/kayteeandcj/
              Wedding Website:http://weddings.thek....rd=&MsdVisit=1

#27 teacherbride

teacherbride
              • 354 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

I made my album on iphoto through their store. It was super easy, only took me an hour. If you have iphoto on your computer you just drag the photos from there. The book only cost $29.99 for a hardcover. It was shipped to me within 7 days, no rush shipping.

#28 latricej919

latricej919
                • 110 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely have mine delivered the morning of the wedding with the photographer onboard...
                  Soon To Be: Mrs. Ham

#29 jennie

jennie
                  • 200 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

I love the idae of a Lock & Key being given the night before and then having the box, etc containing it delivered to him on your wedding day. All of your comment and ideas are really helpful, ladies.

#30 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                    • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

The logistics/timing never worked out for me to give him the book the day of the wedding. I was going to have our photographer's husband deliver it, but he was with his groomsmen and family all day. (Did not want it falling into the wrong hands.....)

So I gave it to him on our first morning as husband and wife, and I snapped pictures of his reaction!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users