Photo

Budgets

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#11 hsims1

hsims1
  • 356 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

Yea we just started our planning, and we are looking to spend around $12,000. I am happy to hear that we are in the right ball park.

#12 unikphoto

unikphoto
    • Vendor
    • 87 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Glad to know you feel more at ease with things. Give it time and you still have good time for planning things!
      marTin
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by hsims1
      Yea we just started our planning, and we are looking to spend around $12,000. I am happy to hear that we are in the right ball park.

#13 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
      • 594 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

My fiance and I have a budget of $10K with a cushion of $12K max if need be. I'm sure with correct planning and making sure we don't splurge on unnecessary items, we will stay well within our budget.

#14 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
        • 355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

After reading some posts, I thought my CAD 10,000 budget was a fantasy. Now, I'm assured it's close in the range. Just like Islandgirl910 said, I will not spend money on uncessary things :). I'm not having Brides Maids; just witnesses.  And since I told her she is free to wear what ever dress she fancies, she said she'll just buy it. Same with the best man. 

We're not doing fancy wedding bands (if my grandma had it her way - we'd be wearing the yellow gold ones. it does not match my engagement ring LOL). I saw some on line that are very resonably priced too.

Thanks Ladies.

#15 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

I know the beginning of this thread offers two links to threads that discussed budgets but the links don't seem to work! I thought I would bump this to see if 1) anyone knows of these threads and 2) Maybe we can get a budget discussion going again! I am starting to think my budget isn't realistic to get what we want!

#16 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

Sometimes in older threads the links don't work for some reason.  Try searching for budget and you might come up with something!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I know the beginning of this thread offers two links to threads that discussed budgets but the links don't seem to work! I thought I would bump this to see if 1) anyone knows of these threads and 2) Maybe we can get a budget discussion going again! I am starting to think my budget isn't realistic to get what we want!

#17 meeshie77

meeshie77
            • 208 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

Another great BDW thread!  We are going for 2 weeks and with our photographer, that uses more than half our $10K budget. I hope I can make the rest happen for $3700.00.  I will take the advice of some ladies and watch for sales, not do anything unnecessary and hope for the best.  Does that sound reasonable to anyone??

#18 redginger

redginger
              • 360 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

How are you ladies able to do your destination wedding within $10K to $12K? Are you also including the costs of your hotel accommodations, flights and honeymoon? We're having our wedding/reception at a boutique hotel, and about $5K is the cost of the dinner/open bar for 50 guests.

#19 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

Our budget is $9K and after our travel and photographer it leaves us with about $3500.  I think that definately sounds reasonable!  We aren't doing anything really extra or going fancy with decorations or any of that to keep our costs down.

Originally Posted by meeshie77 

Another great BDW thread!  We are going for 2 weeks and with our photographer, that uses more than half our $10K budget. I hope I can make the rest happen for $3700.00.  I will take the advice of some ladies and watch for sales, not do anything unnecessary and hope for the best.  Does that sound reasonable to anyone??

#20 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:54 AM

Our budget is $9K and that includes everything: our travel, our wedding, and wedding dinner, photographer, attire, flowers, everything!  Looks like we will be underbudget as well.

Originally Posted by redginger 

How are you ladies able to do your destination wedding within $10K to $12K? Are you also including the costs of your hotel accommodations, flights and honeymoon? We're having our wedding/reception at a boutique hotel, and about $5K is the cost of the dinner/open bar for 50 guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users