• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:00 PM

I know most of you are having your wedding at an AI and don't need to worry about this. But for those who are not and are opting instead for a corkage fee, I have a few questions for you:

How many guests are you having?
    What kind of liquor are you getting?
    How many bottles (of each kind) are you purchasing?

We are thinking of having a signature drink during the cocktail hour. Most likely margaritas, since i have a great contact for tequila in Mexico. (my cousin has a good friend who makes it!)

Any other ideas?

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:08 PM

By the way, here iare some resources if you are purhasing your own booze

Sam's Club in Mexico Desee lo que desee, descºbralo en SAM'S CLUB

Idealite - Vinos de Evento (located in Mexico City)

Licoreria El Coyul (located in Vallarta)

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:17 PM

Amy either pick a wine (red or white) or go for champagne to toast and stuff. Then I would get basic things for drinks such as Captain Morgans,vodka, tequila, etc. My absolute favorite drink is a Miami Vice which is basically a strawberry margarita mixed with pina colada.

-Glenda

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:23 PM

Thanks glenda!

So I'm going to start my list...

wine
          champagne
          rum (Bacardi, Captin Morgan or Malibu)
          vodka
          tequila
          brandy?
          oh! Coronas!
          hmm, what else??

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:32 PM

I wouldn't do brandy b/c I don't think most people would drink that. Unless you know that your guests are very big brandy drinkers. Also try to figure out if your female guests like frozen drinks or if most will prefer regular mixed cocktails. If you think they will stick to frozen drinks then just get enough stuff to make margaritas for them all night. Otherwise I would get the malibu so some girls can drink Malibu Baybreezes or just Baybreezes.

I think most people will be happy to be in Mexico and will want frozen drinks or beers. You will def need vodka, rum and tequila though.

-Glenda

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:37 PM

My dad and uncles are def brandy drinkers. They drink Presidente and Coke (yuck!)

I think I have my list then! (I hope!) Now how much of each

#7 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
              • VIP Member
              • 931 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:48 AM

I am not sure how much this will help you. We did regular open bar, but did bring down all of the wine for our wedding. we bought 3 cases for the wedding for 130ish guests and they were just about gone by the end of the night.

Can I ask why you don't want to just do open bar? it seems like such a hassle to buy booze for everyone. We only brought wine because its super pricey for good California wines in Cabo, and we got a great deal from a winery that we had a membership to.

#8 annkaley

annkaley
                • 82 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

Has anyone had a problem bringing alcohol into Mexico? Natasha...did you carry three cases of wine down or ship them?

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:00 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
                    I am not sure how much this will help you. We did regular open bar, but did bring down all of the wine for our wedding. we bought 3 cases for the wedding for 130ish guests and they were just about gone by the end of the night.

Can I ask why you don't want to just do open bar? it seems like such a hassle to buy booze for everyone. We only brought wine because its super pricey for good California wines in Cabo, and we got a great deal from a winery that we had a membership to.

Hi Natasha,

The open bar option is too much $$$. Its about $11 per person, per hour + 30% tax/tip (@150+ guests). We thought the corkage fee was a better deal. And like I’ve mentioned, my cousin (in Mexico) has a good friend who makes and bottles tequila so we’ll get a good deal from them.

#10 anaderoux

anaderoux
                    • 3,220 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

Amy I'm buying my liquor at the duty free store and then shipping it to Cancun but I don't know yet how much I'm going to buy.. but I'm buying it maybe this month so I'll let you know

I'm buying whizkey (buchanans) vodka (absolut) tequila (1800) red wine and champagne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users