Dyeable Shoes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Did anyone get dyeable shoes? Im considering going this route since I want my shoes to match the bridesmaid dresses which are going to be teal/torquois

Not sure if anyone has had any experience with dyable shoes and any reccomendations

#2 cantwait2718

• 78 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

I would stay away from them if u are going to step anywhere near the water. They don't hold up at all if they get wet. Had to wear them for a wedding once and had to have different pair of shoes to wear outside bc it was raining. Just a thought. Other than that they are great bc they will match the dresses perfectly.

#3 Shay2679

• 493 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

I just purchased a pair online, and am waiting for them to arrive. Not to hijack the thread, but...where can I find dye for them?! I've had no luck so far to do it myself! You can PM if you have any suggestions so that we stay on topic here...

#4 divadivine25

• 427 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

I plan to order these shoes from Davids bridal in this color to match the bm dresses.
          Click the image to open in full size.

They are the Mckenzie style and they have tons of other dyeables.

#5 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,369 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:00 AM

Thanks ladies - ive also heard the dye can rub off on your feet which I def would not want. In terms of getting the dye for the shoes this site has a bunch of different colors and shoe styles Coloriffics They also have a do it yourself kit Coloriffics - > dye products/info

#6 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

It says on one of the websites that you should spray with waterproofing spray to have it keep the color in case they get wet at all - but if you waterproof it, then you can't re-dye it, if that's a concern..
              google dye-able wedding shoes and there are tons of sites..

#7 BeachBridein11

• 610 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

Any updates on dyeable shoes?  I can't find 1-2" turquoise shoes anywhere or at least ones that I like!  The previous post mentioned waterproofing them... I don't care if I ruin the shoe, I'm worried about my dress!!!

Any brides use dyeables?  Experience???

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users