Photo

What are you getting him for a wedding present?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#51 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Natasha92907
    There are some great ideas in here! I think, if we do gifts, I'll get him a Nintendo Wii. He really wants one. Also, we're doing the ring engraving thing, and I am getting "Put it back on!" on the inside of his ring, I think.
    Haha, I saw that on an episode of According to Jim and thought it was cute (if anyone is keeping track of all the shows I watch, you must wonder how I have time to work and post on here and maintain any life whatsoever!!)

I've also heard of engraving your vows to him inside the ring, but I guess that depends on how long you decide to make your vows! I think I was something funny, yet meaningful too - I just can't decide what!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#52 Shelley

Shelley
    • 169 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

I LOVE "put it back on"!!! When I read that I laughed out loud. Now they know I'm not actually working in here... I think that's one of the best engravings I've ever heard, and I think he'd really get a kick out of it. Too funny!

#53 Natasha92907

Natasha92907
      • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

Thanks! I think it will be cute, especially since he is the most loyal guy I have ever met. I think he'd get a kick out of it!
        http://www.ezticker.......!/ticker.png

Invitations are out! YES: 25 NO: 11 UNDECIDED: 118
        Bert and Natasha's Wedding Website

#54 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Natasha92907
          There are some great ideas in here! I think, if we do gifts, I'll get him a Nintendo Wii. He really wants one. Also, we're doing the ring engraving thing, and I am getting "Put it back on!" on the inside of his ring, I think.
          I thought about doing, put it back on to! Or "leave it", this is only funny because its what we say to our dogs when we don't want them to touch something.

Either way I think he'll get a kick out of either one!

#55 Natasha92907

Natasha92907
          • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

I love "leave it!". It would be really neat to have something funny, but personal, in his ring!
            http://www.ezticker.......!/ticker.png

Invitations are out! YES: 25 NO: 11 UNDECIDED: 118
            Bert and Natasha's Wedding Website

#56 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

I love "leave it" also! We tell our dogs the same thing!

#57 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kucka00
                that's what we tell our dog too but I think he would get offended if I did something like that
                you know, as much as I think FI would get a kick out of it if I put this on his ring, I almost want something a little more sentimental.

I tried talking to him the other night about just getting our rings engraved for each other and having that be our gift, he wouldn't hear of it! He said everyone else gets gifts (I guess meaning me) he wants a gift too! So back to the drawing board.

#58 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:45 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kucka00
                  My FI is the exact opposite. Our 9 yr dating anniversary is this summer and I was porposign that our gifts to each other for that + the wedding should be scuba diving certification (at home w/open water dives while in Cancun) and he thinks that the wedding (since we're paying for it completely on our own) is present enough!!!

I totally agree! We're going to have a hard enough time coming up with all the money to pay for the wedding & honeymoon, I told him theres no way I'm going to have money for the $2000 watch he wants, so not to hold his breath!

#59 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:02 PM

I hear ya! Money is going to be tight around wedding time. I think we're just going to engrave our rings and then save for an Alaskan cruise for our 1 year anniversary.

#60 SonyandRob2008

SonyandRob2008
                    • 23 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

Okay, i am obviously coming into this thread very late, but thought I'd add my two cents. First of all, what are B-pics

I was going to get my FI's ring engraved with "Te amo mas" which means "I love you more" and it is what we say back and forth to each other. Also, this isn't very expensive like the other gifts mentioned, but I thought my FI would like it. I was going to buy him one of the newer, nicer iPods and have it engraved and load it with our favorite songs and photos of us so he has that music to listen to and pictures to look at the day of our wedding before we get married.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users