Photo

What are you getting him for a wedding present?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:13 PM

I love the idea of engraving rings and not telling until the wedding day! I'm not sure I'd be able to keep that a secret! I would rather not to gifts!

Also, I don't remember who said "love and devotion for the rest of our lives" I LOVED that! That is the best gift you can give someone

#42 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

Well, I'm getting Aaron the b-pics. Also, I'm picking his wedding band and will have it engraved. I want to personalize it somehow else as well. I heard that you can engrave/imprint the outside with things that represent the journey of your relationship (e.g. a palm tree for when he proposed to you in Cancun or something), but I haven't looked too much into this yet.

lol, no watch for my FI. I got him a really nice pocketwatch when we were first dating (for our first anniv) and he lost it - he doesn't wear watches often.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PaulaV
      My FI didn't even know this was a tradition. I am just learning many of them myself :) I don't know if we will do a gift exchange since we are paying for everything ourselves.

I really liked Nicole's little note with the socks.
      lol Aaron didn't know it was a tradition either. He thinks I'm just trying to get something pretty from him. haha.

I know I saw some socks specifically for "cold feet" on a wedding day somewhere a long time ago. I thought I bookmarked it, but I can't seem to find the exact link - there are ones like these on eBay:

I plan on getting Shawn a racing experience. Like Richard Petty Driving School or whatever. He'd be in heaven.
      That's so creative, I love it!!!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#43 soulmates

soulmates
      • 538 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jilly76
        I like this idea, then we won't drive ourselves crazy thinking of what to buy each other, it won't be too expensive, and it will be meaningful, I'm going to have to talk to him about this.
        Let me know if you decide to do this!!!

#44 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:08 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by soulmates
          Let me know if you decide to do this!!!
          I definetly will, I'm going to talk to him about it tonight or this weekend!

#45 Shelley

Shelley
          • 169 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

There are some great suggestions up here, but after paying for the entire wedding ourselves, I don't know how to come up with the $ for anything too pricey right about now. I do like the ring engraving idea. Has anyone decided what they're engraving?

#46 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shelley
              There are some great suggestions up here, but after paying for the entire wedding ourselves, I don't know how to come up with the $ for anything too pricey right about now. I do like the ring engraving idea. Has anyone decided what they're engraving?
              yea, I'm putting "I love you more"

#47 Shelley

Shelley
              • 169 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

That's really sweet! I want to put something more than the date, but it is his ring and I know he wouldn't want anything too mushy, so your idea is great!

What did Courtney Cox put on David Arquette's ring? I remember it was something funny but it's not coming to me right now...

#48 LisaG

LisaG
                • VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

Oh I don't remember.....I'm going to do the date too...so he doesn't forget. haha!

#49 Natasha92907

Natasha92907
                  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:17 PM

There are some great ideas in here! I think, if we do gifts, I'll get him a Nintendo Wii. He really wants one. Also, we're doing the ring engraving thing, and I am getting "Put it back on!" on the inside of his ring, I think.
                    http://www.ezticker.......!/ticker.png

Invitations are out! YES: 25 NO: 11 UNDECIDED: 118
                    Bert and Natasha's Wedding Website

#50 LisaG

LisaG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:25 PM

Put it back on..... I LOVE it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users