Sign in to follow this  
tvt

What are you getting him for a wedding present?

I've been thinking about this subject. I'm going to have his ring engraved, but wanted to do a little something else for him. He has 5 signed jerseys...3 from Dirk (Mavs) a Josh Howard and some other person. He REALLY wants them framed...all of them, but it cost like $400 - $500 each. We really can't afford to do that right now, but I'm going to really try to set aside the $$ so I can surprise him with one of them. Hopefully!

I had great big plans for this. But in the end, time and money ran out and we didn't get each other anything. It was fine with me :)

my ideas for gifts were custom fit golf clubs & a new plasma. He will be getting a new plasma as soon as we move into our new house

I plan on getting Shawn a racing experience. Like Richard Petty Driving School or whatever. He'd be in heaven.

We agreed not to do gifts!!! But we have decided to get something engraved on our wedding bands. I'm doing his and he's going to do mine. But we wont know what they say until we are married. We are keeping it a secret!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
I plan on getting Shawn a racing experience. Like Richard Petty Driving School or whatever. He'd be in heaven.
My FI did that for his birthday once and absolutely loved it!! It's a great idea!

we are getting each other a beautiful wedding in Jamaica!! cheesy.gif Since we're paying for 100% of everything wedding related, no gifts for us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
We agreed not to do gifts!!! But we have decided to get something engraved on our wedding bands. I'm doing his and he's going to do mine. But we wont know what they say until we are married. We are keeping it a secret!

I like this idea, then we won't drive ourselves crazy thinking of what to buy each other, it won't be too expensive, and it will be meaningful, I'm going to have to talk to him about this.

Well, my hubby is a major watch lover/collector. I did originally buy him a really cool diving watch, but I wanted to do something different - so I returned the watch & ended up getting him a money clip with our names & wedding date engraved on it. He loves it.

Ooooh, i didn't know this was a tradition either!

But some great ideas here... Melissa yours is the best! But barring being able to think of something really meaningful like that, I love the ideas of engraving each others' rings or the plasma or the digital camera... hmmm. Will have to think more now!