Photo

LF: Vancouver Rock the Reception Choreographer!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 edssbride09

edssbride09
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

Hey Guys,

So I have convinced my dear FI to do a Rock the Reception style first dance, but the problem is that I can not dance! We will definitely need to hire someone to choreograph this for us, and I am having trouble finding anyone in Vancouver to do it!

We are not interested in doing serious dancing, mostly "jazz hands" and other cheesy moves to get us through a 3 min Barry White song... Does anyone know someone in Vancouver who does this sort of choreography? I know this is unlikely, but you girls tend to come through all the time!

Thanks!

#2 binzer

binzer
    • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:46 AM

I would just call around to various dance studios around town, and try to talk to a choreographer that does the style youre into (whether it be hip hop, jazz, or theatre). Most choreographers wouldn't have any trouble with this sort of thing, and they should already have an hourly rate setup for students who need solos choreographed, etc.

Good luck! I'll let you know if I hear of anyone especially good in the area.

#3 thephotogirl

thephotogirl
      • 158 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

Did you try calling Harbour Dance Center? There are tons of dancers and choreographers there.

#4 edssbride09

edssbride09
        • 233 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by thephotogirl
          Did you try calling Harbour Dance Center? There are tons of dancers and choreographers there.
          Thanks! I called Harbour Dance and am not hooked up with the most amazing sounding choreographers. I will post a review after our lessons and let people know how it goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users