Photo

Looking for Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 reenyw23

reenyw23
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Maureen and recently engaged, starting to look into the destination weddings. Particularly, we have to have a place that will allow kids, and I'd like to know more about the possibilities of having a Catholic wedding. We are looking primarily in the Caribbean...puerto rico, bahamas, but we are open to suggestions! We are wanting to have it around 1/1/2010.

#2 JessicaPV

JessicaPV
    • 375 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hi Maureen!

Congratulations on your engagement! You've come to the right place for your planning.

Regarding a Catholic Wedding a know that you can have it in Mexico. About the other destiantions I would just do a search on the forum looking for "Catholic" and a lot of answers will come up.
      Welcome to the forum!

#3 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info and resources you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

d!no

#4 cantwait2718

cantwait2718
        • 78 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

Hi and welcome. I can definately help with the kids info thing I spent a good two months straight looking for places that had a good variety of things for the kids. Pm me or send me an email sarah2718@msn.com

#5 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
          • 698 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning!

#6 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
            • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

Welcome. You may need to narrow down your choices before you get specifics. I think for some areas, the availability of a Catholic wedding vary by church requirements. Most places are kid friendly though. Do you want an AI?

#7 Tez

Tez
              • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

Congratulations & Welcome to the Forum!!! You will find a ton of great info.
                have you considered Los Cabos, Mexico?? It's fantastic & Catholic Weddings are the Local norm.

#8 boven

boven
                • 193 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Welcome Maureen. This forum will be a great help in finding locations that are child-friendly and where you can have a Catholic ceremony. Have you considered Mexico?

#9 jenniebey

jenniebey
                  • 842 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Congrats! Welcome to BDW. There are so many great ideas here to help you get started.

Good luck with your planning.

#10 DGG

DGG
                    • 275 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

I am getting married on Grand Bahama Island in the Bahamas and you can have a Catholic wedding there as well. For Roman Catholic weddings, it has to be in a church - I had thought this rule was relaxed, but apparently not. I know someone who got married in Puerto Rico by a Catholic priest - it was a regular wedding, but the Church in the US told them they have to renew their vows in a church for it to be recognized.
                      In the Bahamas, we could only find a RC priest that will marry us inside of a church, but at least we won't have to renew our vows for our marriage to count in the eyes of the Church.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users