dreams visit:)

hey ladies:)

just some info regarding dreams in dr. we did a test visit to see the resort and meet with the wedding coordinator. all went really well. we stayed for 4 days which was so not enough time. the drive from the airport is a lil crazy as the roads are super bumpy and the rule for the roads since they aren't big is the bigger car has the right of way or try to squeeze, a lil scary!!! it took 45 mins to get to the resort. welcomed with smiles and very cold wash clothes and a glass of champagne, very nice touch. it was easy to check in, no waiting and no problem with communication. ok first room run down, and clean but old , had them change our room and 2nd one was a lil better. rooms didn't wow us at all but its just a room, preferred club much nicer and updated, just remodeled last year. coordiantor said they are remodeling rest of resort also but no final date for that yet. spa is super pretty, didn't use it but had to take a look. pool very clean and pretty!! as for floaties not as many as i've read in reviews i would put in the oot bags. several bars along the pool so easy to get a drink. at the ned of the pool swim up bar linked to outside bar, also easy and nice. we met with sharron who is going to be our coordinator and she was lovely! they pretty much can accomodate anything that your heart desires. she showed up the differnt locations for your reception and options for your ceremony. as we first thought we wanted a beach ceremony but are opting for the gazebo. we didn't love the location that they have the beach weddings not that secluded and a big lot of land is on your right and its not part of the resort , just not pretty. but beach is very nice! not loving the red runner but can be picked up and have your own runner placed so i was happy. we saw 2 weddings while we were there and they looked lovely! we actually spoke with one couple who were married the week prior and they had no complaints! only thing wa sthat the judge was late like 1-2 hrs late if i remember correctly. so we are opting to get married home first to make it easier and it saves you like 300 or so $$$. food was really good and service was awesome. not every one speaks english so a lil difficult to communicate with some of the staff. some people have said the service is slow but it wasn't when we were there. so even though the rooms didn't wow us that was the only thing we didn't love , everything else was nearly perfect for us. if any one has any questions please feel free:) oh and i have pics but not sure how to load them up so i can always send them !!! sorry for the run ons and non proper writing lolwink.gif

This is one of the resorts I am looking into for Jan 2010. If you don't mind me asking have you received quotes for your guests for a week stay? and if so what are they?

Price is going to be an important factor for me, as I need to keep it within reason for my guests... I have received some quotes but thay seem like they are coming back quite high....

Thanks