Photo

Do STD's & invites have to match?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 *New* Mrs. G

*New* Mrs. G
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

Or can they be different? Does it matter? I guess it would only to my FI and me, but would it seem weird?

I was thinking of these STD's and invites. One is a beach and the other starfish/seashell. Together they demonstrate that it's going to be on the beach. I couldn't find a complete set in our price range (~$1-$1.25 each) that I liked, casual with a bit of colour with a beach/ocean theme.

Any suggestions are welcome ladies (and gents!)

#2 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
    • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

I think those coordinate rather well. My STD's were post cards we picked up in PR. Our AHR invites did not match the wedding invites either come to think of it. Just pick one element and blend through-out. We used a sand dollar to tie all the little things together-brochure, welcome cards, invites, etc.

#3 JessicaM

JessicaM
      • Vendor
      • 1,969 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:55 AM

I think those go together great. There is a beach theme which is great! Good choices!

#4 *New* Mrs. G

*New* Mrs. G
        • 226 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:27 AM

UPDATE:

I found these STD magnets instead. I've changed the design on the top, which I picked a starfish/seashell design and changed the ink to gold. What do you ladies think of the new STD?

I guess I picked a theme in a roundabout way...

#5 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
          • 459 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:00 AM

Those look super cute! I think it's nice but not necessary to have everything match. We sent out STDs almost 10 months out and we were nowhere near picking out invitations at that point. So ours are totally different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users