New guestbook idea... Signature Vase?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ashrose

• 422 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hey Girls,

First off... This was the best place I could think of to post this - but mods, please feel free to move if nessecary!

Quick minor digression...

So I was looking through vows the other day and found this fantastic little piece to add to the ceremony. I haven't been a fan of the sand ceremony - it just doesn't feel like "us." I've had friends do the hand tieing ceremony and the unity candles... none of it really spoke to me. And then I read about this rose/vase ceremony where the groom gives the bride a rose and the bride gives the groom a vase of water. I cried reading the ceremony because my mom died when I was 9 and in her last wishes, she asked that each year on my birthday I be given a rose to remind me of her love... and so I finally found my "cheesy" but meaningful piece to add.

So then I went off looking for a vase and happened upon this one:

Click the image to open in full size.
    Signature Vase, Guest Book Vase, Wedding Guest Book - Keepsakes

It's a signature vase - kinda like a signature plate or photo mat.

And well... I think it would be a great idea for us because with the rose/vase ceremony I can revise some of the verbiage to include how our community bears witness or some such thing. Or maybe I'll change it up that the families present the vase, the bride gives the water, the groom the rose. I'll need to play with it.

I was just really excited... so if there are any of you who are looking for a unique guestbook idea, I thought I'd pass it along!

PS: If you are curious about the Rose/Vase Ceremony, go here: Chaplain Debby | Rev. Debby St.Pierre, Chaplain and scroll down until you see Rose Vow.

#2 InspiredBride

• 78 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

That's a really unique and interesting idea! I like the concept that the friends and family provide the base (vase) that provides support for you and your husband to nurture (water) your relationship (flowers). Or something like that... :)

#3 BeautifulBridetoBe

• 147 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

That is a beautiful idea.

And now you will always have a place to put the reminders of your mother's love...given to you by the man who loves you...and inscribed by those who love you too.

Love surrounds you...what a blessing.

Interested in sharing a Photographer: May 9 - 16, 2009
        Punta Cana, Dominican RepublicPM me if interested....

#4 moepeedy

• 491 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

That is a great idea and it is meaningful for you. Love it!
          Moe's Plannin Thread Super Long

#5 Mother of Bride

Mother of Bride
          • 100 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

The "Signature Vase" was an AWESOME suggestion. I am just new to this forum & am trying to get ideas to help my daughter plan her wedding. The ROSE ceremony is something new to me....I loved the wording ! THANKS !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users