Photo

Maui Bride Eloping...Planning a Wedding in a Month!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 calyxxa

calyxxa
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

Hi Everyone: I'm Suzanne and I'm new to this forum. I found this terrific website while looking for recommendations for Maui photographers and wedding planners. I'm from Chicago, and I've been engaged for almost a year. After trying fruitlessly to plan a family-only wedding with relatives all over the US, we gave up. So last week, we decided to bite the bullet and just go for it. We booked a trip to Maui the second week of March (yes, next month!), and we plan to elope. Just us, no family or friends. It will be my second marriage, and my fiance's first. I know it's crazy planning a wedding in a month - I don't have the dress, I don't have the wedding coordinator, the photographer, the videographer or anything yet! So, any advice would be appreciated!

Our wedding date will be on a non-weekend day during the week of March 8th, and we are looking to get hitched on a beautiful western/southern Maui coast beach TBD!

Thanks, everyone!

Cheers,
    Suz

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

Welcome, great idea! I'm sure you'll find what you need here to plan in a rush :)

#3 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:32 AM

Welcome and Congrats! This website is a life saver! Good luck with your planning!
        ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#4 samanthag

samanthag
        • 896 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

Welcome to the forum!!

#5 boven

boven
          • 193 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:25 AM

Good for you for doing it you way Suz! Welcome to this forum, you'll find it very helpful. You'll get everything you need to done in time and will have a wonderful time in Hawaii

#6 moepeedy

moepeedy
            • 491 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

Welcome! I'm so for Eloping I think it is so romantic. If it weren't for my friends wanting to see me get married I would have taken that route. Awesome!!!
              Moe's Plannin Thread Super Long

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t45234

#7 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
              • 5,705 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:32 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info and resources you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

d!no

#8 JessicaPV

JessicaPV
                • 375 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

You've definitely come to the right place to find information.

Have you tried going to the Maui sub-forum? You can do searches on the topics you need information on.
                  Best wishes and welcome to the forum Suzanne!

#9 pugmomjenn

pugmomjenn
                  • Banned
                  • 138 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

Congrats and welcome! I'm sure you will find this place quite helpful!

#10 bellalucefoto

bellalucefoto
                    • 221 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

Congrats and welcome! I planned our wedding in about 2 months and it wasn't that difficult, so I am sure you can do it! This site is a great help. Let me know if you have photography questions or would like to inquire about our work!

Thanks,
                      Katie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users