Bringing stuff into Cabo- Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stelladiver

• 47 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:40 PM

This question goes mainly to the brides who have already had their weddings or anyone who's maybe researched the issue. Did any of you bring your favors, decorations, and other stuff with you from the U.S. into Cabo? And did anyone have any trouble at customs?

I've heard some horror stories about customs stopping people at the airport because they think that they are taking the goods into Mexico to sell. I contemplated shipping the stuff, but I've heard that customs will stop shipments and require you to pay crazy taxes on it. So, for instance, if you send a box of favors that you plan to give out at your wedding and it's worth $200, you may end up paying another $300 after paying taxes. To avoid this, I want to take the stuff with me on the plane, so I can at least try to explain if there's an issue at customs. In the context of other discussions, some other girls on the board have mentioned bringing boxes of stuff with them. Any advice would be appreciated. In case you're curious, the stuff that I plan to bring with me include, for example, tote bags that I'm using for welcome bags.

Thanks in advance!

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

most people have taken it in their luggage without a problem. in fact, i dont think anyone here has had a problem yet...maybe split the stuff amongst a few bags of luggage.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

I have a going away party before we left and gave the OOT bags then. People loved them and they got to carry them for me. So all I had to bring was wedding asnd reception stuff. 2 extra bags. I id press the red light got stopped. They saw me carring my wedding dress and sent me on my way. So I dont think you will have any problems.
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#4 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

Search the forum for cabo customs and you will find several threads on the topic. Here's one: http://bestdestinati...m/forum/t6221-3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users