Photo

All Maggie Sottero brides post here

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

#771 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

That is a beautiful dress!  It was really nice that you found out that they are discontinuing it before they actually did it; at least you have a chance to buy it if you decide that it's 'the one'!  You better post some pics...good luck!!!

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon 

oh NO that would be horrible. Thank god your dress is still safe :)

Well I am going to try on a Maggie tomorrow I am so excited. I had planned on losing some more weight before I went but I found out the dress  that I am in love with is being discontinued as of Oct 15 .  The style is Nyna. I will let you know how it went and if I am going to be an official Maggie Bride!

#772 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

just got back from trying on Nyna.  Still love the dress but not on me . But I did pick another Maggie. I am going to wait a few months to order it so I can drop a few more lbs. Its  Odessa. Sorry no pictures of me in the dress. 

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#773 RonNMel

RonNMel
      • 388 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

I posted a picture of my dress about 8 months ago, but it was on the model.  Yesterday I finally was able to try it on again, and got pictures!

002-1.jpg

005.jpg

I'm not sure about the necklace. I bought the same one in three colors because I couldn't choose: white, turquoise and pink. I forgot to take pictures though.

#774 jszy10

jszy10
        • 1,192 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hey Ladies! Big favor to ask of you...

Have any of you heard of a maggie bride receiving a dress that showed up the wrong size?  I tried my dress on in a size 6 twice (two different stores) and they fit me perfect.  The store I ordered it from said why order up a size when the 6 fit me perfect, so I did...and now its here and it doesn't fit!!!!  :o(  My body has shifted a bit I agree, but my weight is the same.  So I don't think the change should be as drastic as it seems...

The response from the shop?  She could only explain it as the new dress has never been worn before, so its not 'stretched out'...and she also just thinks the solution is for me to lose weight. I am 5'4 and weight 129 lbs.  I'd be willing to work to drop 5-10 lbs, but I think this dress makes me look like I gained 20lbs in 4 months, and I definitely didn't!!! 

Please let me know what you think....because I'm completely stressing out here :o(

dressfit.jpg

#775 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
          • 712 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by jszy10 

Hey Ladies! Big favor to ask of you...

Have any of you heard of a maggie bride receiving a dress that showed up the wrong size?  I tried my dress on in a size 6 twice (two different stores) and they fit me perfect.  The store I ordered it from said why order up a size when the 6 fit me perfect, so I did...and now its here and it doesn't fit!!!!  :o(  My body has shifted a bit I agree, but my weight is the same.  So I don't think the change should be as drastic as it seems...

The response from the shop?  She could only explain it as the new dress has never been worn before, so its not 'stretched out'...and she also just thinks the solution is for me to lose weight. I am 5'4 and weight 129 lbs.  I'd be willing to work to drop 5-10 lbs, but I think this dress makes me look like I gained 20lbs in 4 months, and I definitely didn't!!! 

Please let me know what you think....because I'm completely stressing out here :o(

dressfit.jpg

Are you wearing a different bra (like a long line bra) underneath your actual dress? I know that made a difference with me in the store. Now I'm freaking out cuz I go in for my first alteration saturday.  What did the alterations department say? can they just put in a thicker modesty panel so you can't see any skin behind the lace up?

#776 *Linds*

*Linds*
            • 5,776 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

Do you have any pictures from the front??

Loving married life! <3

#777 jszy10

jszy10
              • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:00 AM

Ok....premature freak out....I went in..and the panel was all wrong! She said she couldn't believe she didn't notice that the first time.  She took it out, moved it, and everything was perfect!!!  I can't believe such a little thing made such a big difference to me!  Sorry if I worried you Lisa!!  I guess this was just my worst nightmare and I thought it came true!  All fixed! 

The front looked great from the beginning, just the back freaked me out!

DSC00660copy.jpg

#778 sorord1

sorord1
                • 240 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

Jessica your dress is beautiful!  It looks great on you!

#779 jszy10

jszy10
                  • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:58 AM

Thank you so much!  The back now looks like the first picture on the left...no like the right anymore! thank goodness!!!

Originally Posted by sorord1 

Jessica your dress is beautiful!  It looks great on you!

#780 Aumuller

Aumuller
                    • 365 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm not yet a maggie bride but definitely plan on being one! I just love her dresses. Has anyone tried on the Kendra and have pictures? I would love to see it on a real bride and there are no "Maggie Bride's" in the dress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users