Photo

All Maggie Sottero brides post here

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

#761 Lolita29

Lolita29
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

No problem girl, let me know if you end up going with them!

#762 andilynn09

andilynn09
    • 43 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ishy1085 

I am looking at Chardonnay for my dress, but the picture on the model just seems so poofy. Is it really that poofy? Could you post some pics from your wedding? Thanks.

Ishy, I haven't seen Chardonnay in the stores I went to - but I can tell you that the dress I ordered, the Jenna, also looks waaaay poofier on the Maggie website than what it was when I tried it on. I'm guessing it's a combination of a bigger crinoline/hoop skirt and/or the fact that they have the dresses laid out so perfectly in the photos. I really wasn't a fan of Jenna on the Maggie site, but LOVED it when I saw it in person and tried it on without anything underneath it. So if you really like it, I would for sure hunt it down - I definitely think you can have it less poofy if that's what you want!

#763 mshannon2b

mshannon2b
      • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

I had my wedding in April and wore Reese. 

I am selling it if you wanted it?  How much were you looking to spend?

Originally Posted by xweetgal View Post

Woww!!! That's the reaction I had when I try the Reese for the first time.  My heart almost stop when I saw it on me. It looked beautiful in the magazine but it was more gorgeous in person.  Hopefully will be getting my dress soon.  I had a good deal too at my local bridal store.  Now the quest is to find a version of the dress that I can do a TTD with it.  I wouldn't want to TTD the original is so gorgeous.  I have found websites that they make the dress for cheap ($199) but I'm afraid it just scam.  I would love to have my  TTD session with the Reese.  Anybody has any ideas where can I get a cheap version of the dress? 

#764 rosieposie

rosieposie
        • 649 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

is it okay that i am bothered by this???

last night i noticed that the dress i ordered is the same one that this gal i knew from school had for her wedding last year. she's not one of my favourite people and i'm sure i'm not one of her's so i didn't go to her wedding, nor is she invited to mine, but we have some mutual friends...i don't know if anyone will notice....

my MOH says that we'll just accessorize and style my hair different than she did, but i can't help but feel a bit choked since I love my dress and couldn't wait for its arrival in approx 2 months.

i think i'll feel better once i see my dress....

#765 Cassie

Cassie
          • 5,341 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ishy1085 

I am looking at Chardonnay for my dress, but the picture on the model just seems so poofy. Is it really that poofy? Could you post some pics from your wedding? Thanks.

I wore Chardonnay at my wedding and absolutely loved it!  It is a really full skirt and has a super long train, but it was perfect for me.  Here is the thread I posted when I ordered my dress with some pics - Wedding Pic 3.jpg

Wedding 10.jpg

Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#766 CATiffy

CATiffy
            • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

Oh we have the same dress!!!!

my wedding is in Oct 8,2011

I will finally get the dress in Nov 2010.  I was not abel to see the white color due to the wedding shop only had ivory.. may I please see a picture of the dress in white ; ) 

#767 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
              • 710 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:41 PM

Hey CATiffy,

you're my wedding twin!! I'm getting married Oct 8,2011 as well. I'm getting married at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun,MX, where are you getting married?

#768 brightmix

brightmix
                • Banned
                • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

I ate the red text, and thanked elvis for his appearance. While he gyrated and sang me a tune much like ......
                    http://www.cheap-uggclassicboots.com  

#769 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
                  • 267 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

OMG...total heart attack!  This is the stuff nightmares are made of!  I am storing my Maggie at one of my bridesmaid's houses...simply because I don't trust myself having it at home (i'd be trying it on all the time...doing the friends episode and thinking that it would be a good idea to have a glass of wine and strut around in it!)

So yesterday I am browsing Craigslist just for fun, looking through wedding stuff and I come across an ad for a Maggie style Jenna...wow I say...that's my same dress!  So I open the ad and continue reading and come to find out that the dress for sale is the same style...same color... and holy hell, the same size!!  OMG!  and it is being sold in a town 20 minutes from where my dress is at!!  WTF!!!  I called my friend...i love her to death but we really have only known eachother for 2+ years...and I deep down know she would never do anything like that...what if someone stole the dress from her house?!?!  So just to be sure...I made her text me a pic of my dress in her closet just for piece of mind! 

COULD YOU IMAGINE!  What if that really happened to someone!?!?!  I think I would die! 

#770 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 

OMG...total heart attack!  This is the stuff nightmares are made of!  I am storing my Maggie at one of my bridesmaid's houses...simply because I don't trust myself having it at home (i'd be trying it on all the time...doing the friends episode and thinking that it would be a good idea to have a glass of wine and strut around in it!)

So yesterday I am browsing Craigslist just for fun, looking through wedding stuff and I come across an ad for a Maggie style Jenna...wow I say...that's my same dress!  So I open the ad and continue reading and come to find out that the dress for sale is the same style...same color... and holy hell, the same size!!  OMG!  and it is being sold in a town 20 minutes from where my dress is at!!  WTF!!!  I called my friend...i love her to death but we really have only known eachother for 2+ years...and I deep down know she would never do anything like that...what if someone stole the dress from her house?!?!  So just to be sure...I made her text me a pic of my dress in her closet just for piece of mind! 

COULD YOU IMAGINE!  What if that really happened to someone!?!?!  I think I would die! 

oh NO that would be horrible. Thank god your dress is still safe :)

Well I am going to try on a Maggie tomorrow I am so excited. I had planned on losing some more weight before I went but I found out the dress  that I am in love with is being discontinued as of Oct 15 .  The style is Nyna. I will let you know how it went and if I am going to be an official Maggie Bride!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users