All Maggie Sottero brides post here

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

#651 cynlaf

cynlaf
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hello ladies,
    I am also going to be wearing a Maggie at my wedding next April. To be more specific, its the Dallas Marie and I cannot wait to get it and put it on again :)

#652 Cassie

Cassie
    • 5,341 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

Well I posted the pic from my last dress fitting over the weekend in the dress thread, but figured since it's a Maggie I might as well post it in here too. It's the Chardonnay. I love it so much!

Click the image to open in full size.
      Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#653 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

i was catching up with a friend on the weekend and mentioned i ordered my dress already. she said she had a maggie too and the petite length with a crinoline saved her from having to hem it, and felt the the proportions were better than the regular.

i'm 2" shorter than she is @ 5', so i would need it hemmed regardless regular or petite length, so the bridal salon ordered me a regular length. now I'm worried that the proportions will be all off for mine.

i tried on both length's sample and can't recall if they were different. the store is trying to see if they can change it to a petite length for me but chances are slim since it's been almost 6 weeks.

It's this dress Paigely - by Maggie Sottero my main concern is the rouching & beading on the left side being too low on me. the store is telling me that it's the porportions will be the same, just the length of 3" will be different.

Am i just being overly nervous?

#654 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Cassie
          Well I posted the pic from my last dress fitting over the weekend in the dress thread, but figured since it's a Maggie I might as well post it in here too. It's the Chardonnay. I love it so much!

Beautiful!

#655 Bella30

Bella30
          • 45 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

Hey Rosie Posie,

it is only the length that is different..just went thru this when i ordered my gown saturday too....the bodice of the gown does not change at all just the "length"... i was gonna order the petite length too but decided to get regular cause i am not sure what kinda shoes to i am wearing and i am shorter too and will need to hem it regardless...:)

so I wouldn't stress :))) beautiful gown! I went with Rowena. So exciting! Congrats.

#656 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
            • 546 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Cassie, that dress is awesome! Seems so lightweight! You can dance the night away! Are you doing a TTD? In that dress I think it would be great in the water!

#657 Princess402

Princess402
              • 737 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Cassie

Cassie this dress looks so incredible on you!!!

#658 Cassie

Cassie
                • 5,341 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:29 AM

Thanks ladies!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by diamondpooch
                  Cassie, that dress is awesome! Seems so lightweight! You can dance the night away! Are you doing a TTD? In that dress I think it would be great in the water!
                  We're doing a day after session but planning to stay dry, but yes I will be wearing this dress for those as well.
                  Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#659 Lolita29

Lolita29
                  • 426 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

Ok Ladies, I finally have pictures of myself in my dress, now I still need to alter it, but here's a taste. O and dont mind my black bra showing lol.

#660 Lolita29

Lolita29
                    • 426 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

Sorry the pics are huge!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users