• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

#631 Lolita29

Lolita29
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carolina24
    it's GORGEOUS and $500?!? even better, congrats!!
    Thanks, I'm in love with it and the more i think about my dress the more excited I get, cant wait till it's altered and fits great! It will look beautiful on the beach!

#632 JKL_WeddingMexico

JKL_WeddingMexico
    • 130 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:32 AM

Ordering my Maggie tomorrow! I love it, I chose the Dallas Marie and it is so stunning!!
      Dallas Marie - by Maggie Sottero

#633 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:13 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JKL_WeddingMexico
        Ordering my Maggie tomorrow! I love it, I chose the Dallas Marie and it is so stunning!!
        that's so exciting!
        and such a gorgeous dress, i love the hem!

#634 Lolita29

Lolita29
        • 426 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JKL_WeddingMexico
          Beautiful Dress!!!

#635 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
          • 191 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

I am also a Maggie bride. I buoght my dress LAST year..I found my dress at a local bridal shop but they wanted $1300 plus $200 for alterations and then taxes. My mother (who is paying for my dress) wanted me to 'explore other options' ie...find something cheaper. I looked for months and couldn't find anything, my heart was set on the Maggie dress. So I took my mothers words to heart and I explored other options and I found my dress online..USED!!! It was located around a 24 hr drive away fro me but thankfully..only about 15 minutes away from one of my bridesmaids!! I asked her to go look at the dress for me and..long story short..I now own a beautiful Maggie Sottero JD2003, that is already altered to my body (it fits like a glove) ....and the BEST part, I only paid $350!!!!

Here's a link to afew pictures of me in my dress. Its the second time I tried it on..first time for my mom and grandma :) I can't WAIT to wear it in October!!

My dress - a set on Flickr

The only things I want to change are the bustle (if possible) and the length of the sash that ties around the back into a bow...it hangs around 2 ft past my train, when its not bustled. I just don't want to have to be holding it all the time. And I want more of a sweetheart neckline but others have told me not to change the neckline so it's a debate. But I love my dress :) If I can't change anything, I will still be happy..it's the dress of my dreams!

BTW pinchem to roberts...I love your dress!! The back of it is gorgeous!!
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#636 Lolita29

Lolita29
            • 426 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hopelesslyblissful
              I am also a Maggie bride. I buoght my dress LAST year..I found my dress at a local bridal shop but they wanted $1300 plus $200 for alterations and then taxes. My mother (who is paying for my dress) wanted me to 'explore other options' ie...find something cheaper. I looked for months and couldn't find anything, my heart was set on the Maggie dress. So I took my mothers words to heart and I explored other options and I found my dress online..USED!!! It was located around a 24 hr drive away fro me but thankfully..only about 15 minutes away from one of my bridesmaids!! I asked her to go look at the dress for me and..long story short..I now own a beautiful Maggie Sottero JD2003, that is already altered to my body (it fits like a glove) ....and the BEST part, I only paid $350!!!!

Here's a link to afew pictures of me in my dress. Its the second time I tried it on..first time for my mom and grandma :) I can't WAIT to wear it in October!!

My dress - a set on Flickr

The only things I want to change are the bustle (if possible) and the length of the sash that ties around the back into a bow...it hangs around 2 ft past my train, when its not bustled. I just don't want to have to be holding it all the time. And I want more of a sweetheart neckline but others have told me not to change the neckline so it's a debate. But I love my dress :) If I can't change anything, I will still be happy..it's the dress of my dreams!

BTW pinchem to roberts...I love your dress!! The back of it is gorgeous!!
              Beautiful dress! And what a great price!!!!

#637 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

SO EXCITED!!! Just wanted to post this, as a Maggie Bride...well, actually, a Sottero & Midgley Bride:

Christie Parris Pollick, Dallastown PA - Midgley Bride

TO all of you other Maggie and Midgley brides, make sure you post your story on the designer's website, because it just might help another bride-to-be make her decision on a dress if she sees it on a REAL GIRL!

#638 jas101080

jas101080
                • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

Hi Ladies...i am a Sottero and Midgley bride. I fell in love with my dress after looking for 4 months. When i went to the bridal shop i made sure to try on all the other dresses they chose for me first. I tried my dress at the end and knew right away it was perfect! Good luck ladies..happy planning!!

#639 Princess402

Princess402
                  • 737 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:26 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by islandbride317
                    SO EXCITED!!! Just wanted to post this, as a Maggie Bride...well, actually, a Sottero & Midgley Bride:

TO all of you other Maggie and Midgley brides, make sure you post your story on the designer's website, because it just might help another bride-to-be make her decision on a dress if she sees it on a REAL GIRL!
                    This is so great! You were SUCH a beautiful bride - so happy for you, congrats!!!

#640 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                    • 2,424 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by islandbride317

Wow you look beautiful!! I wanted to submit mine but maggie is no longer selling it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users