Photo

All Maggie Sottero brides post here

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

#621 saza175

saza175
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

do you guys know if the dresses run true to size? I have small back and medium waist measurements, but hips measurement is def a large haha... would I go off my largest measurement (hip) or would I go off of waist up?

#622 Eliana

Eliana
    • 676 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by saza175
      do you guys know if the dresses run true to size? I have small back and medium waist measurements, but hips measurement is def a large haha... would I go off my largest measurement (hip) or would I go off of waist up?
      mmmmm I'm not really sure about this question.. I'm a size 8 now and my dress had to be order in a size 12...

#623 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
      • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
        hey maggie brides... i'm in love with 3 gowns from the destination line... i just can't find anywhere that has them so I can try them on! what to do, what to do....
        I'm seriously about to order one online without trying it on... am i crazy?!
        That is a little crazy! So many dresses look good online, and may fit you but you may not be "feeling it" once you try it on and then you're stuck!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Eliana
        mmmmm I'm not really sure about this question.. I'm a size 8 now and my dress had to be order in a size 12...
        Wedding dress size is usually bigger than street size. Mine was up two numbers too.

#624 saza175

saza175
        • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

Thanks Diamond :)

#625 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
          • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

Quote:
            i think it all depends on the dress, i ordered the same size i wear in jeans but mine was a a-line dress. if i didnt get an a-line i would def had to go up a size or two as my hips are big.

#626 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
            • 225 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by trayce2222
              Hi there....I am also going to be wearing a maggie gown (well a Sottero Midgley to be exact)....anyway, I love ALL of her gowns! I saw a photo of one online last summer and I called every single shop/boutique in the entire Dallas, TX and Oklahoma City area and not one of them had that gown. They said it was from the new line and they wouldn't be able to get a sample until October or Novermber. I was so worried, especially since it takes so long to get them once it's ordered....anyway, after days of deliberating on what I should do (I am very picky on how things look on me and especially my wedding gown!) I finally decided to order it and hope for the best!

A local boutique ordered it for me in August and said I would have it by the 1st week of December. I finally received it the 3rd week of January! I have to say, it was definitely worth the wait.....I loved it as soon as I saw it and it fit perfectly (except the length....I ordered a petite and still had to have 3 inches cut off!).....I should be getting a pic of me in it from my 1st fitting and I will post as soon as I do. Here is the link to see what it looks like:
              ASM3143 - by Sottero & Midgley
              I love this wedding set up. where was it at?

#627 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
              • 408 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hi Ladies, I have a brand new maggie for sale if anyone is interested in taking a peek! http://bestdestinati....o-dress-57316/

#628 Lolita29

Lolita29
                • 426 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

OK ladies it's official, I purchased my Sottero & Midgley dress yesterday for $500!! I got it at a steal. I am so excited and happy!!!

Sottero and Midgley Wedding Dresses - Style VSM7012

#629 carolina24

carolina24
                  • 1,573 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lolita29
                    OK ladies it's official, I purchased my Sottero & Midgley dress yesterday for $500!! I got it at a steal. I am so excited and happy!!!

Sottero and Midgley Wedding Dresses - Style VSM7012
                    it's GORGEOUS and $500?!? even better, congrats!!

#630 pinchem to roberts

pinchem to roberts
                    • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Hello I will be wearing a Maggie Soterro (Billie) gown it is to die for, I have been trying to get into shape so the the dress will be perfect for my wedding.

2011 Maggie Sottero Billie Halter V-neck A-Line Chapel Train ...USD124.17 Wholesale Price at DHgate.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users