Photo

All Maggie Sottero brides post here

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

#341 *Karla*

*Karla*
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

Niki, your dress looks great! You were VERY brave to order a dress without being able to try it on first.

#342 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
    • 2,424 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

Wow niki your dress looks great and cant believe how brave you were to buy without trying it on. I could never do that, i even called over 35 stores to find two of maggie's dresses so i could try them on first.

#343 kaitlin422

kaitlin422
      • 36 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

Hi Ladies - okay I desperately need your help... I've tried on millions of Maggie's and have been SOOOO indecisive. I just found "Blaire" and thought it was beautiful on and like nothing I've tried on (mainly chiffon)... Blaire is very light - almost like a lingerie - but I am getting married in June in Mexico - does anyone thing the silky material would be too hot or clingy? Also, I tried it on in ivory but always wanted white... do you think the white would be too bright? This is what the lady in the store tried telling me... but maybe some of you could help me out... I need it! My wedding is 6 months from tmrw and I NEED to order! :)

Blaire - by Maggie Sottero

#344 nikicrosby

nikicrosby
        • 230 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

kaitlin: My dress is very similar......see my earlier post....or check out Maggie's PRISTINE. I felt fine in it when I had it on......I will just have to wait till April to see how it holds up in the heat....lol

My theory is if you love it.....DO IT!! no regrets it's your wedding day!!!

#345 DRB

DRB
          • 647 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kaitlin422
            Hi Ladies - okay I desperately need your help... I've tried on millions of Maggie's and have been SOOOO indecisive. I just found "Blaire" and thought it was beautiful on and like nothing I've tried on (mainly chiffon)... Blaire is very light - almost like a lingerie - but I am getting married in June in Mexico - does anyone thing the silky material would be too hot or clingy? Also, I tried it on in ivory but always wanted white... do you think the white would be too bright? This is what the lady in the store tried telling me... but maybe some of you could help me out... I need it! My wedding is 6 months from tmrw and I NEED to order! :)

Blaire - by Maggie Sottero
            Ohhh so pretty!!! I think that the material would be fine. Maybe just get some static spray if you think it will be too clingy? Also, I think that white would be gorgeous I don't think that it would be too bright at all!

#346 carolina24

carolina24
            • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:54 AM

Kaitlin, while I agree that you should pick a dress that you love and feel sexy and fabulous in, I will say that silk is not the way to go for Mexico. It will be super clingy in the heat and humidity and silk doesn't travel well at all, even if the resort will steam it, I don't think the weather will cooperate. No matter what you do, you'll be hot and sweaty and that type of shear silk is not good for those conditions, imo. As for the white I say go for it!!! The store told me that the off white I tried on was perfect and the white would be too bright, but I ordered it in white anyway. I figure it's my wedding and it'll look great with a tan

#347 42010bride

42010bride
              • 91 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Beautiful dresses ladies, I love Maggie dresses.

#348 kaitlin422

kaitlin422
                • 36 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

Thanks so much for all of your opinions, I will have to go to the store this weekend and try it on again... if I love it, I'm just going to do it... I will let you know what I decide!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! :)

#349 kaitlin422

kaitlin422
                  • 36 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:24 PM

I went for the blaire! It is really light and flowy - I can't wait to get it!!!

#350 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kaitlin422
                      I went for the blaire! It is really light and flowy - I can't wait to get it!!!

Its a very beautiful and stunning dress. Can't wait to see a pic of you wearing it!
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users