Master Cancun/Riviera Maya List

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been considering putting together a master list of the resorts of this area if anyone would be interested in having it. I want to have one place for us to be able to access info to compare one resort vs another when it comes to average cost, star rating, traveler rating, cost per plate of person, outside vendor fees, etc.

Let me know if anyone else would like me to do this, and if you have specific information about a resort's fees, leave a message on here. Hopefully a compiled list will help newbie brides with narrowing their choice down from so many awesome resorts.

#2 loanmao

loanmao
    • 87 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

This would be GREAT!!!! I am just beginning to plan and everything seems so overwhelming! I don't know where to start!!!

#3 IndianBride

IndianBride
      • 176 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

great idea! wish this was available when I started researching! I'm sure it'll help more than a few brides starting out.

#4 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:28 AM

I can provide what I know about the Iberostar via my experiences with them. Good idea!!

#5 ashrose

ashrose
          • 422 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:09 AM

That's quite an undertaking - but what a tremendous benefit to BDW brides!

Check out tripadvisor for reviews from travelers - I found that site super helpful in identifying resorts.

#6 IndianBride

IndianBride
            • 176 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

I found this site to be a good start in narrowing down the names of the resorts:

Mexico weddings - Beach weddings and destination weddings Mexico coordinators plan and organize ceremonies in Mexico beaches.

#7 sarah310

sarah310
              • 172 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

that website is a great resource, thanks!

#8 JC0721

JC0721
                • Banned
                • 74 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

I know - it can be pretty overwhelming trying to find just the right place. On the beach? Off the beach?
                  Besides Tripadvisor, here are a few sites I find helpful:
                  Http://intheroo.com - interactive map
                  hotels playa del Carmen online reservations for hotels tours transportation
                  Cancun hotels & Riviera Maya hotels : From luxury hotels to budget lodging - another interactive map

#9 mrss2010

mrss2010
                  • 87 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:02 AM

That's a great idea! Ceremony locations would be a good category to include - I spent hours poring over small print trying to determine which resorts had a chapel!

#10 super19

super19
                    • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

I would love it! It would come in very handy for all of us still trying to make the big decision.

Thank you,
                      Jen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users