Jump to content

Photo

Flying with Wedding Dress


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Peaches2010

Peaches2010
  • Newbie
  • 42 posts

    Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:14 AM

    Hmmm.... I'm glad I came across this thread as I didn't even think it would be an issue!! Now I'll have to check - thanks for the advice !:)

    #32 *Meagan*

    *Meagan*
    • Sr. Member
    • 5,521 posts

      Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DarcyJAde
      I just e-mailed American Airlines to make sure I can bring my dress on in addition to my baggage.
      Im flying delta and american. Did american give you a response?!

      #33 *Meagan*

      *Meagan*
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,521 posts

        Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

        Also a close family friend had a dw, 5 years ago, and had no problem carrying her dress. And the flight attendants were great and hung it in a closet for her!

        Im flying delta and american and I was thinking that would be my carry on and then carry a big bag that can fit under the seat with my flowers. Then my Fiance can carry a small suitcase and another backpack for whatever else I do not want to check!

        #34 jenjoe08

        jenjoe08
        • Newbie
        • 67 posts

          Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

          I actually called Air Jamaica with this same question today. They were very nice and told me that depending on what type of plane it was, they will accomodate it as best they can.

          #35 DarcyJAde

          DarcyJAde
          • Jr. Member
          • 305 posts

            Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

            American did not give me a response via e-mail. They said I need to call, which I haven't gotten around to yet
            http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png


            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
            [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

            #36 sunset78

            sunset78
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,280 posts

              Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

              I would be sooo sick to my stomach and probably snap if they said I couldn't bring the dress because it didn't their requirements. I ordered a garment bag that could be folded 3 times if it didn't me their standard. I'll be bringing my steamer with me too.

              This is the one I ordered from garmentbags.com... it handles on it to help carry it. And on sale for 61% off

              Click the image to open in full size.

              #37 *tanga*

              *tanga*
              • Newbie
              • 140 posts

                Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jpitts78
                I would be sooo sick to my stomach and probably snap if they said I couldn't bring the dress because it didn't their requirements. I ordered a garment bag that could be folded 3 times if it didn't me their standard. I'll be bringing my steamer with me too.

                This is the one I ordered from garmentbags.com... it handles on it to help carry it. And on sale for 61% off

                Click the image to open in full size.
                Oh what a great idea - I think before I leave I will put my dress through a trial run to see how bad travel might be for it...

                #38 A2Bride

                A2Bride
                • Member
                • 676 posts

                  Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

                  I wish you luck, I have a hard time believing a flight attendant wouldn't be more sympathetic than just callling the airline. Good luck...

                  #39 Ginalyn

                  Ginalyn
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,754 posts

                    Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:42 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DarcyJAde
                    American did not give me a response via e-mail. They said I need to call, which I haven't gotten around to yet
                    I flew American and they let me carry my wedding dress on. The flight attendants noticed that I was carrying a garmet bag and asked if it was a wedding dress. When I said yes, they took it from me and hung it in the closet.

                    #40 airampz

                    airampz
                    • Newbie
                    • 48 posts

                      Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by GinalynL
                      I flew American and they let me carry my wedding dress on. The flight attendants noticed that I was carrying a garmet bag and asked if it was a wedding dress. When I said yes, they took it from me and hung it in the closet.
                      I feel a little relieved now! I was just about to ask if anyone had recently flown with AA because my flight is in a week and I was wondering how they are in regards to carrying a wedding dress. Thanks for the info.
                      Maria~




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users