Photo

Flying with Wedding Dress

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 merocket59

merocket59
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

hahaha i totally forgot about that episode!! ... I really shouldn't laugh b/c now that is going to happen to me! I'm going to keep my dress as close as possible now.

#22 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

i have heard about usair being crappy about it, and unfortunately, that is of course the airline we're using. sigh.

are you sure it will definitely exceed carry on size? my resort offers steaming so i'm not too worried about it being perfect ... i'll pack it in something carry-on size if i have to!

#23 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
      • 305 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

I just e-mailed American Airlines to make sure I can bring my dress on in addition to my baggage.
        http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
        [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#24 beach2009

beach2009
        • 299 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

Just check US Airways website, they allow wedding dresses to be carried on :)

US Airways | Special items

#25 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
          • 600 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

Can you put your dress in the foldable suit bags in order to get it through security and then unfold it and lay it on the top of the carry-on bags when you get on the plane?

#26 bumbles

bumbles
            • 574 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

My dress has a very small train and no tulle, so it will fit easily into a rolling carry-on. My seamstress said to bring the suitcase when I pick up the dress and she'll pack it for me. I'll just get it steamed at the resort. Just another option!

#27 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

I just ordered my dress last night and they are going to put steaming instuctions (for arrival in Mx) for me and pack ii special for airplane travel.

#28 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

hmmm ... i think i'm just now realizing that my dress will count as my carry on baggage. guess i'm going to have to carry a really big purse, lol.

#29 Dolcenotte12

Dolcenotte12
                  • 104 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

I thought you could have a carry-on and one personal item. I thought that could be my personal item. I guess not. Then again, doesn't the personal item need to fit under the seat?

#30 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Dolcenotte12
                      I thought you could have a carry-on and one personal item. I thought that could be my personal item. I guess not. Then again, doesn't the personal item need to fit under the seat?
                      yeah i had it in my head that i would bring a carry on AND my dress. since the dress is way too big to fit under the seat, lol, i'm guessing it will have to count as my carry on. i will have either a huge purse or a backback i guess as my "personal item"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users