Sign in to follow this  
pugmomjenn

Flying with Wedding Dress

i have heard about usair being crappy about it, and unfortunately, that is of course the airline we're using. sigh.

are you sure it will definitely exceed carry on size? my resort offers steaming so i'm not too worried about it being perfect ... i'll pack it in something carry-on size if i have to!

My dress has a very small train and no tulle, so it will fit easily into a rolling carry-on. My seamstress said to bring the suitcase when I pick up the dress and she'll pack it for me. I'll just get it steamed at the resort. Just another option!

I just ordered my dress last night and they are going to put steaming instuctions (for arrival in Mx) for me and pack ii special for airplane travel.

hmmm ... i think i'm just now realizing that my dress will count as my carry on baggage. guess i'm going to have to carry a really big purse, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolcenotte12 View Post
I thought you could have a carry-on and one personal item. I thought that could be my personal item. I guess not. Then again, doesn't the personal item need to fit under the seat?
yeah i had it in my head that i would bring a carry on AND my dress. since the dress is way too big to fit under the seat, lol, i'm guessing it will have to count as my carry on. i will have either a huge purse or a backback i guess as my "personal item"