Casa Del Mar Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lenka14

lenka14
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hi Girls,

I am considering getting married at Casa Del Mar and wondering if anyone else is considering this resort? I haven't been able to find much information about it on here...so any insight would be helpful.

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

You've come to the right place, here you'll find all the info and resources you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning. Enjoy!!!

Here's a review from a Casa del Mar Bride:

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1838

d!no

#3 Tez

Tez
      • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

Casa Del Mar is beautiful.

#4 lenka14

lenka14
        • 151 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

Thank you both for your input! I visited Casa del Mar recently and really fell in love with the property. But as Natasha pointed out in her review, it doesn't seem as though they negotiate in good faith. I am starting to get really frustrated, and was wondering if there is any other bride on here that has dealt with them or is also dealing with them right now.

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

I got price quotes from them in the beginning, but I didn't think their costs were that great and I felt like they were pressuring me a little. So I decided not to go there. It is a very beautiful resort though!

#6 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
            • 5,705 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

Good Luck with your search, there are many gorgeous places in Cabo! Don't despair!

#7 mich999

mich999
              • 386 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

I had a couple talks with them a few months ago and they were one of my finalists for my wedding because I loved the location they offered for the reception and ambiance of a smaller resort. I then read some consistent questionable reviews on trip advisor about food/service (which I did take with a grain of salt). My main concern was the room rates (on memory it was $400 per night) and guaranteeing the number of nights and that they wouldn't give me credit if someone booked a suite at a higher price or for more nights - it had to be a certain number of rooms on specific nights. I thought that was silly and decided it wasn't worth it. Besides, I didn't want to have to offer two hotel locations to my guests since I knew several would not be able to afford the Casa del Mar.

Good luck. It is so hard to know which one to go with - I know I agonized about it!!

#8 lenka14

lenka14
                • 151 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:34 PM

Thank you girls for sharing your Casa del Mar experiences with me. My biggest concern is the fact that it has to be a certain number of rooms on specific nights, at a specific price. I noticed that prices on Travelocity seem to be lower, but they won't count those bookings as part of the room block requirement. This just doesn't sound ethical to us, since we would still be bringing them business no matter how our guests book. They are just trying to force our guests to pay a higher price. We are getting ready to give up on this resort :-(. It's a shame that they do this to brides, since the property is really beautiful!

#9 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
                  • 5,705 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

It is a shame that nowadays the resorts and some vendors prefer to lose a contract over such little things.

#10 lenka14

lenka14
                    • 151 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dinogomez.com
                      It is a shame that nowadays the resorts and some vendors prefer to lose a contract over such little things.
                      I couldn't agree with you more Dino! Btw, I checked out your website and your photos are beautiful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users