Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#981 -ballerina-

• 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

WretchedDeviant, I made all the measurements myself. Oh, my mom helped me, of course, but she is not a seamstress.

#982 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

Ballerina your dress is gorgeous. They did wonderful work!
      BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#983 luciel2820

• 474 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

My dress fit perfectly. I did my own measurements, but my mom used to be a seamstress and she showed me when I was about 10 years old lol. It is fairly easy to do it but I would suggest going to a seamstress just to be sure.

#984 KJT1985

• 694 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:10 AM

WretchedDeviant - my then fiance did mine. Haha it was quite entertaining. I think they sent a picture of where to measure so I just went off that. BUT it helps that I got a corset back and any mis-measurements were easily adjusted for.

#985 A_J_Mitchell

• 252 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

I just ordered my dress from Gianinar, will post pics when I get proofs.. I'm so excited I can't wait to see it!! I just hope they use the correct material..

#986 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

I bought a TTD!!! Ok so it was totally unexpected and I wasn't looking for it. We were out looking for a MOB dress (I was with a friend) when I stumbled across it. Tried it on and loved it....so I ordered one cause the one I tried on in the store was a size 0 someone had ordered but it didn't fit her. Ok so here it is, I received a coupon from Nordstrom and figured what the heck let me go look for something for my mom. Well while I was waiting at the register to ask a question up comes this girl with a dress saying she needed to exchange it. I took a look at the dress and it was fab! It was waited till she retuned it and in the meantime struck up a conversation (because of my profession I am always networking) anyway she mentioned she bought the dress in a size 0 and 2 because it ran small according to the reviews and she wasn't sure, the 2 fit so she was returning the 0!!! Just my luck, as soon as her transaction was done I tried it on......LOVEd IT!!! FABULOUS! But being me I didn't want the one she returned so I ordered it when I got home online and used my coupon. It came out to $151.30!!! Been trying to post pics but my photobucket is acting up! The great thing about Nordstrom is you can always return in store for any reason. I have to get the hem taken up (cause I am a shorty 5'1) but other than that I love it and it fits like a dream. Can't wait to post pics.

#987 pamphilia

• 362 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

congrats Janine!

i guess no more pondering whether or not to "Gianinar or Not to Gianinar"!

looking forward to pics :)

#988 christinak82

• Banned
                • 153 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:19 PM

ballerina: your dress looks gorgeous... what fabric did you order? is it polyester tafetta?

#989 christinak82

• Banned
                  • 153 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

thanks girls for your posts again.... I think I will write gianinar and tell them that I have so many issues with that dress and that I tried it over and over again to see if I will change my mind but I didnt. I think about ordering another one (hopefully gianinar will give me a discount/refund or something, I mean I ordered 5 dresses already!). But this time I will request poly or silk tafetta and make it much more simple. I can still use that one as my ttd (even though we didnt plan a ttd session :-D but thats a good reason to do it).
                    Now I just wait for my bridesmaids dresses to arrive cause I dont want to complain before I havent received them.

#990 mimi73

• 282 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

I hope I am doing this properly! I just got my proofs from Gianinar today. I think it looks ok, but needs some work.

Click the image to open in full size.t

the original dress

Click the image to open in full size.

proof of the back

proof of the top

the whole dress

now I need to decide what to do.... it looks as thought the beadwork is non existent, but I think that is a language misunderstanding. I said in the email for them to 'note' the beading... I think they thought I meant 'not' any :)
                      I am thinking the top looks a little crooked? Many of the proof photos I have seen look that way, so I am not sure what to do.
                      I asked them to do the dress with no train, so I am very happy with that part.

Any thoughts?

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users